Remote Coding Review Consultant
Category (Portal Searching)
Inovalon is a leading technology company that combines advanced cloud-based data analytics and data-driven intervention platforms to achieve meaningful insight and impact in clinical and quality outcomes, utilization, and financial performance across the healthcare landscape. Inovalon’s unique achievement of value is delivered through the effective progression of Turning Data into Insight, and Insight into Action.
The Coding Abstractor is responsible for conducting chart reviews for purposes of identifying, confirming, and/or documenting appropriate medical coding per Quality Outcomes and/or ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM requirements.
- Accurately and efficiently conduct medical record review/abstraction services;
- Maintain accuracy and productivity standards on all assigned projects;
- Maintain ongoing communication with supervisor regarding issues/nuances that arise during review processes;
- Submit complete, timely and accurate information as per protocol;
- Attend all department meetings and trainings as directed;
- Complete accuracy, and inter-rater reliability testing upon hire and on an ongoing basis as determined by Inovalon; and
- Maintain appropriate certification/licensure as required in this position.
- Medical Record Coder (CPC or comparable with at least 1 year of coding experience)
- Prefer experience in performing chart abstractions;
- Ability to handle and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines;
- Computer literate and detail oriented;
- Professionally skilled in verbal and written communication;
- Must have high speed internet access;
- Successfully complete all job specific Inovalon training programs.