Title: Coding Quality Specialist
Location: Work From Home, Any, US, 0
WHAT WE NEED
An eagle-eye quality analyst
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Chart reviews are an important step in ensuring we meet quality standards in patient care. Those chart reviews must be done with the ultimate accuracy and attention to detail. Basically we need a coding quality specialist who loves doing things the right way and following through to make sure that happens.
Do you love combing through details to make sure each and every standard is met? Do you have experience with acute care coding? Are you the type of person who loves the challenge of quality analysis? We need you!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Validate DRG, APRDRG if applicable and/or APC accuracy to ensure compliance with reimbursement methodologies.
- Interpret and apply coding policies and guidelines to everyday work practices and as a result provide consistency in how corporate coding policies are interpreted throughout the Franciscan Alliance system.
- Identify trends in coding errors and recommend focus areas for further coding education.
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
- Five years acute care coding experience.
- AHIMA coding credential; AHIMA certified ICD10 trainer; 3-5 years auditing experience.
- RHIA or RHIT certification.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, presentation, verbal and written communication abilities.
- Effective communicator, both orally and in written form, with people at all levels of the organization
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Certification and Experience: RHIT/RHIA with 5 years of external experience minimum required
Travel: Never or Rarely
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.
Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights.
Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.