Website Accretive Health
Coding Operations Senior Lead
The Coding Operations Senior Lead is responsible for daily operations and KPI management of coding shared service sites. This role will work directly with coding shared service management to ensure KPIs are met for respective sites and works collaboratively with management and customer on issue resolutions and will be directly responsible for coders in shared service capacity (remote employees). Must be detail oriented and comfortable performing analytics and data trending. Candidate must have experience in Health Information Management as well as experience in medical coding.
- Responsible for daily management of coders (performs daily stand ups, helps escalate and bring timely resolution to issues, manages PTO requests, expense approvals, etc.).
- Monitors daily productivity and quality of coders and creates incentives, action plans, as necessary.
- Monitors site DNFB, deficiencies, queries, etc. and works with client to build creative solutions to achieve all KPIs.
- Ensures all coding practices are compliant and adhere to Accretive and industry best practices.
- Works with HR and the clients to onboard and off-board coders seamlessly (including getting all necessary site accesses in advance, training and orientation to the site, quality reviews are performed and posted to shared drive, system termination notifications, etc.).
- Collaborates with customers on developing and implementing best practices.
- Review DNFB/DNFC scorecards for all ministries/customers and initiate action if performance exceeds target levels.
- Host at least twice/weekly coder stand-up meetings to escalate and respond to access requests, IT issues, and coder questions.
- Report-out coder productivity from weekly reports.
- Coordinate coder schedules with Team Lead(s) to ensure appropriate coverage for all coding functions.
- Review ePars daily balances and ensure no requests exceed 7 days.
- Initiate daily action plan/tracking if performance exceeds thresholds.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks:
- Review coder productivity and produce PIP/action plans for under-performing coders on at least a monthly basis.
- Review time-on-system reports to determine any coder mis-use trends and escalate directly to coder and team lead as needed.
- Host calls with customers to review weekly metrics on DNFC, Coder Productivity, and ePars > 7 levels.
- Lead 1-on-1 discussions on mid-month and monthly basis for all coders behind productivity, monthly basis for all coders.
- Distribute weekly customer reporting metrics set to internal/external customers with clear commentary on metrics trending.
- Proficiency in inpatient/outpatient coding, is preferred.
- 2-3 years of shared service operations, HIM, and/or coding consulting, experience is required.
- Must be proficient using standard office equipment and hospital information systems.
- Previous management experience preferred.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
- You will work with highly motivated, intelligent HR, SMEs, and business partners who collaborate to find the best solutions to problems quickly! Not a lot of corporate politics, red tape and all the stuff that holds you back from trying new things and expressing new ideas!
- A fast paced, growing organization that will keep you on your toes with new ideas, changes and opportunities to learn and grow in abundance.
- You get to work for the leading Revenue Cycle Management company in the U.S. No other company in this space is larger or better at it than we are!
- Access and partnership with leaders from a variety of Fortune 500 companies who will challenge you to do your best work and show you new ways to think about and execute on unique projects, strategies, etc.
- A great office location in the heart of the Magnificent Mile with views for miles!
- A culture of innovation, driving client success so they can focus on improving patient care and of giving back to the community.
- A fantastic Total Rewards package including very competitive compensation programs with base salary and bonus opportunity, a variety of healthcare/dental/vision programs that are mostly funded by Accretive Health to choose from, work like balance with paid time off for vacations, illness and volunteering, 401k program with company match and much more!
Sound like you? Let’s talk!
About Accretive Health:
Accretive Health is a leading provider of services to healthcare providers. Our business purpose is to help U.S. hospitals, physicians and other healthcare providers more efficiently manage their revenue cycle operations and population-based health management initiatives. Our distinctive operating model that includes people, processes and sophisticated integrated technology, which we refer to as our solutions, helps our customers realize sustainable improvements in their operating margins and improve the satisfaction of their patients, physicians and staff. Our customers typically are multi-hospital systems, including
faith-based or community healthcare systems, academic medical centers and independent ambulatory clinics, and their affiliated physician practice groups, and in some cases Payer organizations. Our revenue cycle solution spans our customers’ entire revenue cycle, unlike competing services that we believe address only a portion of the revenue cycle or focus solely on cost reductions. The Quality division, our population health management infrastructure spans the entire healthcare delivery continuum and enables providers to manage the health of their patient populations delivering higher quality care while reducing aggregate cost of care.