Coding Consultant Inpatient 3 at Ciox Health
Coding Consultant Inpatient 3
- Job Locations: US-Remote
- Requisition ID: 2020-14653
- # of Openings: 1
- Category (Portal Searching): HIM / Coding
Assigns diagnostic and procedural codes to patient records using ICD-9-CM, ICD-10-CM, and ICD-10-PCS codes.
A Coding Consultant, Inpatient – Level 3 codes complex cases for all lengths of stays and as needed, audits the work of Level 1 and Level 2 Coding Consultants.
- Full-Time: Flexible Schedule
- Full Benefits: PTO, Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance and 401k Savings Plan & Tuition Reimbursement (& 20-24 Free CEUs per year)
- Location: This role will be performed at one location (Remote/WFH)
- Additional Details: IP medical coding level 3. Academic /Teaching facility experience needed. High CMI. Clintegrity encoder experience required
- Reviews medical records and assigns accurate codes for diagnoses and procedures.
- Assigns and sequences codes accurately based on medical record documentation.
- Assigns the appropriate discharge disposition to medical records.
- Abstracts and enters the coded data for hospital statistical and reporting requirements.
- Audits the work of Level 1 & 2 Coders, if applicable.
- Communicates documentation improvement opportunities and coding issues to appropriate personnel for follow up and resolution.
- Maintains 95% coding accuracy rate and 95% accuracy rate for MS-DRG assignment and maintains site designated productivity standards.
- Maintains minimum production of 1 charts per hour or site-specific productivity standards.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Communicates professionally with co-workers, management, and hospital staff regarding clinical and reimbursement issues.
ADDITIONAL JOB COMPONENTS:
- Typically works remotely, accessing work-related tasks via VPN access.
- Reports to work as scheduled.
- Willing and able to travel when necessary, if applicable.
- Complies with all Company and HIM Division policies and procedures.
- Responsible for tracking continuing education credits to maintain professional credentials.
- Attends mandatory sponsored in-service and/or education meetings as required.
- Adheres to the American Health Information Management Association’s code of ethics.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate or Bachelor’ degree from AHIMA certified HIM Program or Nursing Program or completion of certificate program with CCS preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language.
- A minimum of 1-5 years of coding experience in a hospital and/or coding consulting role.
- Experience in computerized encoding and abstracting software.
- Required to take and pass annual Introductory HIPAA examination and other assigned testing to be given
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!