Coding Auditor at Franciscan Health
Title: Coding Auditor
- Location: Work From Home, Any, US, 0
- Ambulatory Coding | Franciscan Alliance
- High School Diploma/ GED Required
WHAT WE NEED
Detail-oriented, problem-solving coding auditor
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Good learners. Accurate reviewers. Our coding auditors are an important part of the health information team. Ensuring development and implementation of coding strategies across the system is a big part of the job. The other part? Being able to follow state and federal compliance regulations. Policy and procedure development, standardization of coding operations, analyzing coding quality and performing chart reviews. This job has it all.
Are you timely and accurate? Are you detail-oriented? Do you love knowing that you’re an integral part of the team? We’ve got a great place to put your skills to work.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Review, research, and respond to coding inquiries from other Franciscan departments.
- Integrate current industry changes into a clinical audit practice setting.
- Act as a subject matter expert regarding payer reimbursement methodologies and official coding guidelines.
- Assist Coding Supervisor with reviewing and responding to external coding audits.
- Perform quality reviews to ensure compliance with payer reimbursement methodologies and official coding guidelines.
- Provide audit results and trends to the Coding Education Specialists for education development and training.
- Summarize quality review results for Coding Managers, Supervisors, Coding Education Specialists, and coding staff.
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
- Experience relevant to the auditing specialty with RHIT/RHIA or Franciscan coding experience relevant to the auditing specialty with CCS, CCS-P, CPC, CCA
- Prior experience in a Coding Support Role with RHIT/RHIA.
- Knowledge of types of health information and the rules and regulations surrounding their use.
- Advanced understanding of ICD10CM coding, ICD10PCS coding, CPT coding, and coding guidelines.
- Advanced understanding of coding grouping methodologies.
- Understanding of payer relationships, requirements and compliant billing practices.
- Knowledge of Managed Care requirements under the Medicare/Medicaid and other third party payor programs.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, or policies impacting the Healthcare industry.
- Critically evaluate and analyze information in written materials.
- Understanding of pharmaceutical terminology, generic and trade names, and ICD coding and terminology used in diagnosis and classification of illnesses, injuries, and disabilities.
- Understanding of anatomy and physiologic concepts as they relate to relevant diagnostic testing and course of treatment.
- Quality improvement processes.
- Participate in the development and revision of the clinic’s instruction materials, curriculum, protocols, policies/procedures.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Experience: 5 years Coding Experience relevant to the auditing specialty with RHIT/RHIA or 5 years Franciscan coding experience relevant to the auditing specialty with CCS, CCS-P, CPC, CCA. 2 years Coding Support Role with RHIT/RHIA
License(s): Certification(s): Certified Coding Specialist; Certified Professional Coder; Registered Health Information Administration; Registered Health Information Tech
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.
Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights.
Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!