Coding Associate 2 – select U.S. states at Asante
Title: Coding Associate 2
- Location: Oregon, Washington, Idaho, California, Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, Tennessee, North Carolina or New York
- Department: Coding
- Category: Finance
- Schedule: Full Time
- Shift/Schedule: 1st Shift – Days
- Union Position: No
- FTE/Hours: 1.0, or 40 hours/week
- Salary: Typical starting range for the Coding Associate 2 level is $20.13 to $25.16/hr (based on years of relevant experience). More experienced coders may be considered at a higher wage range.
Asante is more than a great hospital system in an amazing location. We are a community of passionate providers and service-focused caregivers who collaborate to deliver amazing patient outcomes; a place where titles don’t matter as much as your creativity, drive, and passion. Our culture, values and people create an environment of sustained medical excellence.
The Coding Associate 2 is primarily responsible for the coding and abstracting of ancillary/outpatient records including ambulatory surgery and emergency room pertaining to patient’s occasion of service. They also utilize standardized coding and classification systems, minimum data sets, data definitions and terminology to ensure data is uniformly defined, collected, and verified. They also provide assistance to authorized users to furnish aggregate data and information needed for education, statistical, managerial, reimbursement and performance improvement activities.
This position is a specialized hospital outpatient surgery Coder and we would prefer someone who has CPT assignment experience.
PLEASE NOTE: We are open to hiring someone into this in a remote/work from home capacity. However, due to our pay practices, qualified candidates MUST reside within one of the following states: Oregon, Washington, Idaho, California, Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, Tennessee, North Carolina or New York. While candidates need to live or relocate to one of the aforementioned states, working remotely will require reliable broadband internet and personal cell phone service. Remote work may include day-to-day operations, off hour coverage or online training and this candidate is expected to work some hours during pacific time zone regular business hours
- 1 year ancillary/outpatient coding experience and the ability to code ambulatory surgery, observation or ED, including CPT coding.
- Hospital-specific, outpatient surgery coding experience, preferred
- CPT assignment experience, preferred
- Certified Coding Associate (CCA) by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) OR Certified Professional Coder(CPC) by the American Academy of Professional Coders Health Information Management Association (AAPC)
- High School diploma or equivalent
What We Offer
- Competitive starting wage
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and wellness
- Excellent retirement package with up to 6% employer contribution
- Generous Earned Time Off
- Tuition reimbursement after one year of service
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!