Coder II at Savista
- Remote – USA
- Full time
Here at Savista, we enable our clients to navigate the biggest challenges in healthcare: quality clinical care with positive patient experiences and optimal financial results. We partner with healthcare organizations to problem solve and deliver revenue cycle improvement services that enable their success, support their patients, and nurture their communities, all while living our values of Commitment, Authenticity, Respect and Excellence (CARE).
- Coders are responsible for review and submission of 64 encounters per day or 8 per hour related to evaluation & management, procedures, testing, monitoring and hospital services daily. Must be comfortable with discussing coding and guidelines with providers in a collaborative and professional manner.
- Ability to elaborate on findings and guidelines with providers on issues identified within daily work-flow.
- Review assigned CPT, HCPCS and ICD-10 diagnosis codes for accuracy prior to submission.
- Understanding of hierarchy coding as well as column 1 and 2 positioning
- Ability to navigate electronic medical records as it relates to billing and coding.
- Understanding of clinical documentation as it relates to ICD-10, CPT and HCPCS coding.
- Must be able to map and link diagnosis for evaluation and management and procedures.
- Individual must be able to communicate clearly with precise with providers during querying process.
- Knowledge of Medicare, Managed Care and Commercial Insurance guidelines for coding E&M and procedures.
- Outstanding organization skills and time management required.
- 3 plus years of experience is required.
Position replacement for coder who terminated a few months ago and a recent colleague who transitioned to PRN. This position supports 17 providers for medical coding of Cardiology evaluation and management, Non-Invasive procedures, Remote and Pacer Monitoring, Cardiac Cath billing and Electrophysiology. Responsibility for support of denials insurance follow-up and response.
SAVISTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, veteran status, disability, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, gender identity or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Want Access to 30,000+ More Remote and Flexible Jobs?
Part-time to full-time,
freelance to employee
More Career Fields
career coaching & more