Code Edit Support Team Medical Coding Coordinator at Humana
Code Edit Support Team Medical Coding Coordinator 3 – WAH
- Full Time
- Work at Home
The Medical Coding Coordinator 3 extracts clinical information from a variety of medical records and assigns appropriate procedural terminology and medical codes (e.g., ICD-10-CM, CPT) to patient records. The Medical Coding Coordinator 3 performs advanced administrative/operational/customer support duties that require independent initiative and judgment. May apply intermediate mathematical skills.
The Medical Coding Coordinator 3 researches/reviews and educates providers when there is a dispute on adjudicated claims that contain a code editing related denial or recovery. Analyzes, enters and manipulates database. Responds to or clarifies internal requests for medical information. Decisions are typically focus on methods, tactics and processes for completing administrative tasks/projects. Regularly exercises discretion and judgment in prioritizing requests and interpreting and adapting procedures, processes and techniques, and works under limited guidance due to previous experience/breadth and depth of knowledge of administrative processes and organizational knowledge.
- High School Diploma
- AAPC or AHIMA Coding Certification (no apprentice)
- 2+ Years Coding Experience
- Problem solve complex issues
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Must have accessibility to high speed DSL or cable modem for a home office (satellite internet service is NOT allowed for this role); and a minimum internet connection speed of 10M x 1M
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 or more years of experience as a certified medical coder
- Scheduled Weekly Hours : 40
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!