Cloud Software Engineer at Natus Medical Inc.
Cloud Software Engineer
- Requisition ID: 1 0195
- Global Function: R&D Engineering
- Location: Remote
If you are looking for a challenging opportunity to work in an international environment, then we may have a job for you. We are looking for a tenacious Cloud Software Engineer who loves problem solving and teamwork to join our global Software Engineering team that spans a diverse product portfolio in the nervous and sensory system disorder area.
Welcome to Natus Medical Incorporated
We’re the leading manufacturer of medical devices and software for a range of specialties, including Newborn Care, Neurology, Sleep, Hearing and Balance markets. Our mission is to improve patient outcomes in target markets through innovative screening, diagnostic and treatment solutions. Our products help improve the lives of people from birth to 100+.
The success of our company depends on our employees. This is where you come in.
The Cloud Software Engineer will develop new cloud native applications as well as analyze existing medical application software. You could expect to join a global team and work cross functionally to make recommendations on various medical devices’ roadmap to Cloud.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Competitive salaries
- Comprehensive benefit package that starts on your 1st day
- 401k Match
- Employee stock purchase plan
- 9 paid holidays
- Generous paid time off plan (4 weeks to start)
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,000 annually
- This position may be based at a Natus North American site or Remote
- Perform cloud software development following project requirements, department standards and the company’s quality management system
- Be responsible for generating design documentation based on User Requirements and Product Requirements for assigned projects
- Consult with subject matter experts regarding cloud application alternatives, performance, and security as they relate to the design and development process
- Recognize the potential for reuse in the organization or in the application by:
- Observing and understand the broader system environment
- Creating design documentation
- Demonstrating knowledge of all cloud applications in the organization
- Understanding the functions, interactions and dependencies of each component within the cloud application
- Work closely with Sales, Marketing, Quality, Regulatory and the Software Development team
- Bachelor of Computer Science or related field, and 5-8 years as a cloud software developer architecting and design highly complex systems (Azure preferred). Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Excellent problem solving, organizational, analytical, and written/verbal communication skills
- Must be a self-starter who can work independently with a minimum amount of supervision as well as contribute to a team environment
- Experience on an Agile Software Development Cycle team such as Scrum master, tech lead, project manager, requirements manager, functional manager, task manager
- Experience with a cloud-based operations infrastructure (Microsoft Azure) and its services (Run Books, Virtual Machines, instrumentation, firewalls)
- Experience with Azure Pipelines Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) for release management
- High proficiency with C#, MFC, ASP.NET, .NET, .NET Core, WPF, .NET configuration
- High proficiency with SQL Server, and use of Azure SQL Database a plus
- High proficiency with ASP.NET MVC and MVC Web API
- High proficiency with Web Services; SOAP, REST, Web API
- High proficiency with debuggers and profilers
- High proficiency using GitHub, Azure DevOps Git repos or similar
- Experience with Test Automation tools for automated regression testing
- Experience in Windows 2012 and above; Internet Information Server 7 and above
- Experience with network technologies (VPNs)
Desirable Qualifications (Optional)
- Microsoft Azure Cloud Certification
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Understanding of FHIR
- Proficiency with mobile development; Objective-C, Swift, SwiftUI, Java
- Experience with mobile application POS (Google Play Store, Apple App Store)
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!