Cloud Software Developer at ManTech
Cloud Software Developer
- USA-Remote Work
- Full Time
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Are you crazy about Cloud? Do you have a passion to streamline, automate, and build better applications/databases in AWS and Azure? Do you enjoy working with a team, yet are able to be autonomous? ManTech is looking for a Cloud Software Developer to join our Cloud Migration Team. We are on a mission to build better applications for our nation’s military services and we need your help.
We are looking for a talented SW Developer who can analyze existing on premise application code, define a migration plan for how to refactor the application to work in AWS, and work with the migration team to execute the refactor work for the application code. You’ll be challenged with external dependencies, custom solutions, and strict security controls. We would prefer that you’re familiar with DevOps tools such as Ansible, Jenkins, Team Foundation Services, CSP CLI’s, and containers.
You will work in an Agile Development environment with a team of Architects, DevOps Engineers, and DB Developers to pull together a solution on budget and on time. Our optimal candidate must be customer savvy and be capable of working in a team approach to execution and possess effective written and verbal communication skills. You’ll also be an integral part of the proposal and deliverable team by being able to drive the approach needed to analyze and form migration solutions for the application and then deliver the proposed plan.
You need to be willing to learn other development platforms and motivated to learn new technologies. We want you to take those CSP certifications and we’ll provide training to help you get there.
We are a team of people who love all things Cloud. We have experience as Architects, DevOps Engineers, and Developers. We are pushing to build a well-oiled migration machine to churn out quality applications for our Nation’s Military. We come from a variety of backgrounds with experience in all shapes and sizes of engagements.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Cloud Software Developer will work with the DBA and cloud architect to execute the refactor work for existing on premise application code that will be migrated to the AF AWS Gov Cloud environment or AF Azure GovCloud environment. You’ll work in an Agile Development environment deliver the migrated application on budget and on time.
The Cloud Software Developer shall refactor the application code of existing on premise applications to migrate them to the Air Force CCE AWS or Azure environments in support of cloud migration assessments under the direction of ManTech.
Specific Tasks May Include:
- Refactor the application code to work in AWS or Azure according to the migration plan.
- Test, validate and implement code optimization improvements.
- Root cause analysis of functional issues associated with the application code.
- Root cause analysis of production-related application code issues post cutover for burn-in period.
- Input for technical content on documentation delivered as part of the migration (Test plan, O&M plan, Configuration Mgmt. plan, etc.).
- Must be a U.S. Citizen capable of obtaining / maintaining a DoD Secret Security Clearance. Current Secret clearance preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Proficiency with Microsoft .NET Framework.
- Proficiency with Java expertise (JDK 7+).
- Knowledge / experience with UNIX/Linux environments.
- Proficient in refactoring, test automation, emergent design, testable and modular code, build infrastructure and test-driven development.
- Experience with build tools and source control methods and tools.
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline technologies.
- Experience working with open source frameworks.
- Significant experience with tuning and refactoring code, and assessing the impact of architectural decisions on performance and scalability.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; commitment to delivering great software and releasing it quickly, efficiently and with increasing quality.
- Quantifiable experience with AWS and Azure Cloud Service offerings as a Developer.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Cloud Developer Certification.
- 4+ years of software development experience with high level languages such as C#, Python.
- Excellent knowledge of J2EE, .NET, and cloud technologies development languages and tools.
- Demonstrated work experience with serialization such as JSON and/or BSON.
- Working knowledge of AWS Cloud technologies such as S3, AWS Security, etc.
- Working knowledge of Azure Cloud technologies such as Blob Storage, Azure Managed Services, etc.
- Experience building and deploying micro services based applications in public cloud.
- Experience in Jira to track work and Agile
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!