Cloud Senior Security Architect (remote)-19000DGP
Brief Posting Description: We are currently looking for highly motivated engineers with security knowledge to work in the Database Cloud Platform Development team. This person would be involved in architecture, design, prototype and development of the service security aspects of Database on Cloud releases. The position is open for an engineer located in the US.
Qualifications and experience:
- BS (Computer Sc., Electronics or Electrical Engg)
- A minimum of 10 years of experience with at least 2 years in Cloud technologies. Experience in design, deployment and handling of standard security practices.
- Familiarity with DB-as-a-Service (DBaaS) or similar (PaaS, IaaS)
- Concepts of multi-tenancy, cloud security and virtualization
- Expertise in RBAC – User, Group and Password Management, OAuth, Cloud SSO, Strong Authentication, Identity Provisioning, Identity Governance, Privileged Access and Identity services.
- Expertise in encryption and key management technologies, deployment methodologies, and security standards compliance (STIG, FedRAMP, PCI-DSS) / certification process.
- Expertise on operating systems and databases from a security perspective
- Network security experience for LAN/WAN technologies, TCP/IP Protocols, IP Routing, 802.11 standards and protocols. Security VPN/Firewalls and software-defined networking experience is an advantage
- Ability to design large, scalable systems for enterprise customers with focus on security
- Competency in programming with Java, PERL or Python and static security analysis using tools like Fortify etc.
- REST architecture, programming and security practices
- Working knowledge of relational databases and administration – Oracle product knowledge preferred
- Work on features for Database on Cloud Platforms, which includes but may not be limited to the following:
- Work closely with senior developers and architects as well as Product Management, IT and Operations teams for architecting, designing and developing Database Cloud products from perspective of security areas
- Work with internal security team including corporate security architecture leads and database security leads for service architecture, implementations and approvals
- Contribute to security standards and programming practices for internal service development & service security operational processes
- Work with development and operations for security issues review and resolution
- Development contributions to projects to deliver secure, scalable, extensible and differentiated Platform-as-a-Service on the Cloud
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
- Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
- As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures.
- You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
- Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization.
- Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others.
- BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area.
- 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job: Product Development
Location: United States
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire