Cloud – Senior DevOps Engineer at Elastic
Title: Cloud – Senior DevOps Engineer
- Location: Distributed, AMER
About the team:
The Elastic Cloud Delivery teams primary focus is to enable Elastic Cloud developers to be productive and efficient, ensure the stability of build and continuous integration environments, develop testing infrastructure for Elastic Cloud developers and Elastic product teams, tooling and automation in support of Elastic Cloud development, quality assurance, developer workflows and produce healthy code.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to design and implement engineer tooling and systems to deliver the Elastic Cloud product for the SaaS and on premise solution. We want to release software frequently, boring releases is the mantra for this group. You will contribute to the Cloud product by building next generation development environments, helping maintain our existing packaging of the product and continue to improve developer workflows. This role requires coordination across several engineering teams within Elastic.
What you will be doing:
- You will contribute to a wide array of developer tooling such as build systems, code review systems and development environments that affect both a SaaS platform and on -prem product.
- You will help us improve the daily workflow of engineers with automation and process enhancements as well as being part of the team creating our next generation delivery systems.
- You will contribute improvements to critical large scale software engineering problems presented by working on a mono repo codebase.
- You will contribute to solutions that optimize compile times for developers.
- You will be involved in making the delivery process more visible to all of our engineering teams.
- Collaborate with multiple teams in a joint effort to improve the development of Elastic Cloud products.
- Participate in code reviews for your team and other teams.
What you bring along:
- Previous experience with Jenkins CI, or other CI tools with a clear understanding of continuous integration pipelines as a whole.
- Experience with Gradle (we use Kotlin, but Gradle in general is awesome).
- Experience operating a SaaS product in a public cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure, or SoftLayer preferred).
- Deep understanding of software engineering practices and delivery methodologies, including agile development, unit testing, code reviews, QA automation, design documentation, debugging and troubleshooting delivery pipelines.
- Experience with IaC, automating components and provisioning.
- Clear drive to build for speed and quality in development.
- Desire to automate with understanding of SaaS delivery.
- Ability to communicate well with individuals and groups to accomplish a common set of goals.
- Have a strong desire for learning and growth.
You don’t need to have all of these items, but these represent the types of work you will do at Elastic Cloud
- Prior experience with building CI pipelines and developing custom build systems using Gradle.
- Experience with Terraform.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes and knowledge of its ecosystem.
- Familiarity with secrets management in a cloud environment and the impact to a delivery pipeline.
- Experience supporting applications through the build and delivery process in Java and/or Go programming languages.
- Experience in transformational culture change.
Additional Information – We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving – We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!