Cloud Security Engineer at Twilio
Cloud Security Engineer
at Twilio (View all jobs)
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio’s Security Engineering (SecEng) team is responsible for securing Twilio’s complex global network. SecEng engineers support this mission by working across the organization to identify and implement betterments, understanding complex architectures and systems, drive down the number of vulnerabilities, reduce the blast radius of any vulnerabilities, and assist in incident response efforts when needed. You will be building solutions to tough security problems in real-time networks, assisting junior team members, and working with experts in cellular networks.
Twilio is looking for an exceptional security engineer who lives the Twilio Magic and has the following requirements:
- 3+ years experience with production AWS environments
- 3+ years evaluating network and system security issues
- Experience in penetration testing and red/blue team activities
- Linux command line skills, as well as scripting knowledge
- Demonstrated success as a cross-functional partner in the security space
- Commitment to sharing experiences and good security practices with the community
- Bachelor‘s degree in information security, information technology, computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent experience.
Bonus Points for:
- Python, Ruby, Objective-C, Swift
- Data Center to Cloud migration experience
- Azure, GCP, or other large cloud platform experience
- Experience working in/with Scrum teams
- AWS Certifications
- CISSP, CISA, GCIH, GCFA, GSEC, EnCE, GCEH, etc.
As a Cloud Security Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic valus:
- BE BOLD: Contributing to the development of our in-house security automation framework
- DRAW THE OWL: Working with 2G/4G/5G and emerging cellular technologies
- Contributing to the development of our in-house security automation framework
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Working alongside engineering teams as their subject matter expert
- NO SHENANIGANS: Closely work with Amazon Web Services, testing new services and developing guidance on how to use them securely
- EMPOWER OTHERS & BE INCLUSIVE: Helping more junior team members by mentoring them, providing guidance, and positively influencing their careers (and their knowledge may influence yours!)
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we’re dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
While working remote, you will still enjoy our incredible perks: monthly Kindle book reimbursement, monthly gym reimbursement, unlimited PTO, monthly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!