Cloud Security Engineer at DoorDash
Title: Cloud Security Engineer
Location: United States – Remote
About the Team
Come help us build the world’s most trusted on-demand, logistics engine for delivery! We’re building a team of great minds to help us secure and maintain a 24×7, no downtime, global infrastructure system that powers DoorDash’s multi-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and drivers.
The Information Security team is looking for a Cloud Security Engineer to work on securing DoorDash’s data and infrastructure within its cloud computing environment. You will be a part of our inclusive, collaborative team responsible for building a safe and reliable delivery network. On the Security team we need to protect all of our customers, as well as the logistics engine itself. It’s no simple task, but it wouldn’t be interesting if it was!
About the Role
- Work directly with engineering and security leaders to enact security strategy for DoorDash’s cloud infrastructure and applications that run within that cloud infrastructure.
- Ensure applications running within the cloud environment honor the requirements of information security policy and standards for segmentation and configuration.
- Develop and implement network and process controls for Kubernetes environments.
- Create and improve monitoring and tooling around IAM to ensure least-privilege access is granted to employees and applications that run within the cloud.
- Create and manage a data loss prevention program to prevent sensitive data from proliferating within, or leaving, the cloud network.
- Assess and present infrastructure security risk solutions and tradeoffs to DoorDash leadership that enables risk-based decision making.
- Define and implement network and endpoint sensors that feed data and metrics into DoorDash’s security monitoring framework.
- Define, document and implement security standards, guidelines and procedures for secure operations in a cloud infrastructure environment.
- As part of architectural and design review committees, provide actionable feedback in engineering design reviews
What We’re Looking For
- 3+ years of experience as an infrastructure engineer, cloud security engineer, cloud security engineer or a system administrator in an information security discipline.
- Breadth of technical experience across various infrastructure and security areas running in large production environments.
- Expertise with cloud infrastructure and management in AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- Experience solving complex, systemic issues that require creative thinking and solutions.
- Exceptional analytical and investigative abilities with hands-on experience leading root cause analysis.
- Demonstrated track record of driving improvements to a company’s security posture.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – you can explain security design with respect to cloud infrastructure to security and engineering personnel.
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do — on every project, every day.
- We are learners – We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed – Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We’re committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on protected categories, we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
Browse Related Categories:
Want Access to 30,000+ More Remote and Flexible Jobs?
Part-time to full-time,
freelance to employee
More Career Fields
career coaching & more