Cloud Operations Engineer at Arxan Technologies
Position: Cloud Operations Engineer
Location: Remote USA
Job Id: U509
Are you interested in working with the latest technology to build a robust and highly efficient production SaaS platform? Are you more comfortable on the command-line than a GUI? Are you more likely to script daily tasks than do them by hand? Are you passionate about continuous delivery and deployment? Are you a rock-star cloud operations engineer with a solid development background? Then join our team!
As a Cloud operations Engineer of emerging products, you will design, develop and deploy our cloud production environments to deliver new capabilities and services to our customers. You will create new services from scratch, meet high standards of operation and delivery and integrate those new capabilities with Arxan’s existing systems to deliver even more value to our customers.
- Deploy software and configuration updates to production environments.
- Deploy, manage and maintain the team’s cloud infrastructure.
- Serve as the team’s expert on cloud and production environments and consult on product and development matters.
- Work in collaboration with the core cloud operations team to define and maintain system cohesion.
- Develop and enhance deployment processes and tools.
- Maintain full responsibility for the production system, including responding to and handling production issues.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with Enterprise Linux systems administration.
- Proven experience architecting, setting up and maintaining 24×7, high-performance, highly-available production environments.
- Experience working with product development teams to deliver new and evolving cloud services, including technological research and fast prototyping.
- A collaborative working style, and an ability to reconcile different viewpoints and principles to reach the best outcome.
- Deep knowledge of key AWS, Azure and Google cloud services, and experience managing production environments in at least two of those services, as well as multi-cloud environments.
- Experience with:
- Docker containers and Kubernetes
- Maintenance of data-driven SaaS products
- Continuous integration and delivery
- Configuration management and automated deployment (Puppet, Ansible, etc)
- Relational and non-relational database systems (PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB or CouchDB)
- Monitoring tools (NewRelic, Nagios, etc).
- Scripting (BASH, Python, SQL, PERL, etc.)
- Implementation and maintenance of operational IT security policies and procedures.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience working with data systems within the requirements of privacy regulations such as GDPR
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!