Cloud Engineer for Streaming Services at Demodesk
Cloud Engineer for Streaming Services (m/f/d)
- REMOTE/ MUNICH, GERMANY
- FULL TIME
As a member of our “machine” team you will be working on the heart of our product – the video and screen sharing technology. After being fully onboarded into our team, you will be able to define the technical requirements for different product features, pick the best technology for the use case and develop new services from scratch.
What we are looking for:
- Experience in microservice architecture (from design to deployment and monitoring in production). You have a good understanding of message queues and asynchronous messaging.
- You have practiced designing and implementing robust realtime systems with high availability.
- You are proficient in a backend programming language like Golang.
- You ensure code quality and system security through automation, unit testing and structured code reviews.
- You are product oriented, combining thoughtfulness with pragmatism and a will to get stuff done. You are calm and focused under pressure, and consider work-life balance essential for long-term happiness and productivity.
- You believe effective and successful work is made possible by clear and honest communication, with a shared understanding of the long-term vision and immediate next actions. When you don’t fully understand something, you ask lots of questions and use the opportunity to learn and grow.
- Help us scale video conferencing: You are responsible for developing new features and improving existing ones in the video conferencing and screen sharing part of our product. This includes microservices for recording, rendering, and conferencing.
- Develop within all parts of the stack: Your job will be mainly focused on the backend, but you are always happy to help out with frontend development or code reviews.
- Write beautiful code: You document well and and see the importance of testing. Due to your previous experience you are able to break down tasks and execute them in an efficient way.
- Constant learning: You are excited by technical challenges and are always on the lookout for new technologies. With your curiosity you are always searching for the best technology for each use case and pick up new languages and frameworks fast.
- You help anyone in the team succeed: You make effective and successful work possible by clear and honest communication in order to develop a shared understanding of the long-term vision and immediate next actions. When you don’t fully understand something, you ask lots of questions and use the opportunity to learn and grow.
- Well-funded and backed by Silicon Valley’s top investors & angels, including Y Combinator
- Fast-growing, diverse and international team of tech enthusiasts and entrepreneurs
- Unique proprietary screen sharing technology using a state of the art tech stack
- Full responsibility from day one and being part of our hierarchy-free and results-driven working environment
- Competitive salary plus attractive stock compensation package
- Flexible working hours and annual travel allowance for working remotely
- Attractive perks including gym memberships, German language course, top of the line MacBook or Linux machine, and a professional development budget of €1500 per year
- Regular team events like dinners, Oktoberfest, ski trips and much more
Demodesk is building the world’s first intelligent customer meeting platform for remote sales with the vision to enable everyone to have great customer conversations. We give revenue teams superpowers by enabling them to host more effective and engaging meetings. Demodesk provides teams with real-time conversational guidance that is invisible to the customer and has significantly more data to analyze than existing tools!
We have been creating a new category for real-time sales enablement since 2017 and strive to be a global leader. As a growing start-up, we all share a passion to make an impact and grow, not only as a company but also as individuals. To us, innovation is a default mind-set – to challenge norms and create change for the better. We ensure that Demodesk is not only a diverse and inclusive community but also a place where we can learn and build off of each other’s experiences. To drive this community, we work to minimize bias in our hiring and decision-making processes.
Help us redefine the online meeting space! Be ready to play an essential role in achieving this goal by joining our international team from anywhere. We want to give our people the freedom to choose the life they want and with that the location where they feel the happiest, may that be San Francisco, Munich or fully remote.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!