Cloud DevOps Automation & Tooling Engineer/Architect-18001H5S
No Visa Sponsorship is available for this position.
- ORACLE CORPORATION – GLOBAL IT – Cloud DevOps Engineer
Remote work opportunity
Seeking an experienced Cloud DevOps engineer/architect with strong automation and orchestration skills to develop enterprise class CI/CD environments supporting cloud-based infrastructure and applications.
Education and Work Experience
- BS Computer Science or equivalent
- 4+ years experience with DevOps tooling and practises in a real-world Cloud services environment
- Able to examine existing systems; define architecture, execute and manage new cloud development/deployment best practices
- Design and build solutions that move data and business capabilities from internal solutions to cloud based solutions
- Drive the creation of Cloud Deployment standards and influence architectural strategy
- Experience with orchestration and CI/CD using Jenkins or equivalent
- Experience with application and mid tier configuration using Chef or equivalent
- Ability to write and test Policy as Code using Chef Inspec
- Experience designing and deploying cloud applications with Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience with Go, Ruby, HCL, Python, Java
- Experience with Oracle products including OHS, FMW/WLS
- Experience designing application architecture in a cloud environment using a CI/CD methodology
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- Knowledge of Lean and Agile methodologies
- Ability to practice and drive adoption of test driven development using development best practices
- Understand component interactions between different IaaS, PaaS and SaaS solutions
- Demonstrate an automation focused approach to problem solving
Nice to Have
- Strong background in enterprise Linux/Unix administration
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code using Terraform or equivalent
- Knowledge of Oracle Cloud platforms
- SAFe and/or TOGAF certification a plus
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
- Assists with analyzing complex business problems to be solved with automated systems.
- As part of a software project implementation team, provides technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet user needs.
- Configures system settings and options; plans and executes unit, integration and acceptance testing; and creates specifications for systems to meet business specifications.
- Designs details of automated systems. May provide consultation to users in the area of automated systems. May lead cross-functional linked teams to address business or systems issues.
- Provide leadership and expertise in evaluating and developing complex business problems, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology.
- Recommends and justifies major changes to existing automated systems.
- BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area.
- Eight or more years of related experience recommended.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Job: Information Technology
- Location: US-Colorado
- Other Locations: United States, US-California, US-Washington
- Job Type: Regular Employee Hire
- Organization: Oracle