Closer at Freedom Mortgage
- Job ID: 5926
- Functional Area: Wholesale
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Location: Remote
- Department: WHSL Closing-Reg Central
- Relocation Provided: No
Review and input of necessary information to purchase a closed mini-c loan in accordance with Freedom guidelines. Employee will review closing documents, loan disclosures, compliance timelines, and fees on the final Closing Disclosure. Possess a comfort level with communicating electronically as well as via phone. Effectively maintain a pipeline of loans. Attention to detail is very important for this position.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure file and documents meet company and compliance requirements.
- Ability to accurately input information into Lakewood.
- Ability to multitask and remain focused and professional.
- Communicating efficiently with clients on items required and deadlines
- Provide excellent customer service at all times.
- Basic understanding of reviewing title work, homeowners insurance and flood certifications.
- Consistently meets deadlines.
- Assisting posting closing department with file deficiencies as needed.
- Review underwriting terms and conditions document to ensure all closing conditions are addressed.
- Review of Loan Estimates and Closing Disclosures for TRID compliance.
- Manage closing timeline to ensure in accordance with management instruction and ensure that appropriate file quality and timeliness are provided to clients.
- Communicate with clients on items required, deadlines and scheduling issues.
- Verify several aspects of the documentation and process including, but not limited to: property address, wire information for funding, information on insurance policy, information on the CPL and title commitment, and a fee quote
- Coordinate and communicate with client and processing team for correction and completion of all required documentation for the Closing Department.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of entire loan life cycle in order to fully understand implication of the work of the closing function.
- Become proficient with the document management system.
- Accurately electronically file documents and information in the system and ensure all information is complete and accurate. Use checklists and other job aides as necessary to accurately complete all required information.
- Basic understanding of all loan types – Conventional, USDA, VA, FHA
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or 3-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Freedom Mortgage is a privately held, full-service residential mortgage lender licensed in all 50 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. We are one of the largest and fastest-growing privately held mortgage companies in the country, as well as a top 5 residential lender in the USA. Freedom Mortgage currently services more than 225 billion dollars in loans. And we are continuing to grow! Freedom Mortgage is proud to be recognized by Inc. Magazine’s, Inc. 5000 rankings for the fastest growing private firms in the nation for six consecutive years (2013-2018).
Freedom Mortgage has over 4000 employees and offices nationwide. Locations include suburban Philadelphia (we have multiple sites in Southern New Jersey) and Fishers, IN, two regions where we were named Top Workplaces (The Indianapolis Star named Freedom Mortgage at Top Workplace four years in a row). We also have large operating centers in Melville, NY; Jacksonville, FL; San Dimas, CA; and Tempe, AZ; and Columbia, MD
Freedom Mortgage team members enjoy our total rewards program, including excellent benefits, perks, business casual dress, rewards programs, training, development and career opportunities. Community spirit is one of our shared values and Team Freedom Cares is our philanthropic arm helping us get involved in the communities in which we operate. Learn more about us and apply!
Freedom Mortgage Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or their status as a protected veteran or an individual with disabilities. Local applicants encouraged to apply. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Smoke-free workplace. Drug-free work environment. Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(k). All resumes are held in confidence. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search. LENDER NMLS ID:2767
Equal Opportunity Employer- Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!