Clinical Trial Transparency and Disclosure Lead (Director)
United States – Connecticut – Groton
United States – Remote
The Clinical Trial Transparency and Disclosure Lead is a member of the Clinical Communications team within the Medical Writing department. The role is responsible for providing strategic and operational expertise to support the disclosure of clinical regulatory documents pertaining to Pfizer-sponsored interventional trials on public websites. Disclosures include, but are not limited to, protocols, statistical analysis plans, clinical study reports, and clinical summaries/overviews from marketing applications. This role must be facile in innovative problem solving, influencing peers, and change management.
- Provide subject matter expertise to teams to develop global strategies for the disclosure of clinical documents in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements. These requirements include, but are not limited to, EMA Policy 70, EU Clinical Trial Regulation, Health Canada Public Release of Clinical Information Guidance, and pertinent company policies/SOPs.
- Manage planning and preparation activities for disclosures. Drive quality in information, consistency across disclosures and related areas (eg, publications and data sharing), and completion of disclosures in a timely manner.
- Oversee vendors assigned to disclosure deliverables. Forecast and track outsourced disclosure deliverables. Act as the Pfizer point of contact to vendors, develop performance metrics, and participate in governance meetings. Promote open communication regarding project status and issue resolution.
- Lead development of standard processes and/or implementation of technologic solutions to enable compliance with disclosure requirements.
- Represent Medical Writing on clinical trial disclosure governance committees. Contribute to development of core expertise in disclosure and related fields within Medical Writing group by maintaining knowledge of regulatory guidelines and requirements as well as industry trends and best practices.
- At minimum Bachelor degree or equivalent in medical-related field or life science. Post-graduate degree preferred.
- BS/BA +12 years, MS/MA +10 years, PhD +7 years of relevant experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry.
- Experience with regulatory medical writing and preparation of EMA Policy 70 submissions required. Knowledge of data and/or document anonymization strongly preferred.
- Excellent project management skills to organize work and handle multiple projects at the same time.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills to effectively work with teams. Proven ability to establish and maintain professional and productive working relationships.
- Ability to apply relevant knowledge and experience to solve complex problems, using flexibility and persistence as appropriate.
- Ability to accurately, comprehensively, and professionally communicate both verbally and in writing in English
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
N (Other) (United States of America)
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
Pfizer careers are like no other. In our culture of individual ownership, we believe in our ability to improve future healthcare, and potential to transform millions of lives. We’re looking for new talent to join our global community, to unearth new innovative therapies that make the world a healthier place.