Clinical Supervisor – Post Acute Care (Remote)
Job Locations: Remote
Job ID: 2019-7574
Category: Clinical / Utililization Management
The Post-Acute Care Program assists with reducing hospital readmissions of clinically complex patients. The program couples patient education/coaching with Home Health interventions to assist a patient’s transition home after a hospital stay.
This position functions as the Supervisor of the Post-Acute Care team and primary point of contact for day to day clinical questions, concerns from internal and external clients and provides team leadership and guidance regarding patient-centered interventions. Assists in development of Post-Acute Care training, job aids and tools and desk level procedures. Provides clinical oversight for clinical associates.
- Supervises the Post-Acute Care team members (clinical/non-clinical), provides team leadership and guidance regarding patient-centered interventions and oversees daily workload and makes assignments to ensure timely completion.
- Functions as lead clinical resource to all associates. Supports the management team with training, tools and clinical oversight for both clinical and non-clinical team members.
- Supervises all daily team activities, assigns tasks and responsibilities to appropriate team members. Monitors performance and productivity of team and individual members and takes appropriate action to ensure guidelines and goals of the department are met. Completes performance reviews and mentors the Post-Acute Care team members.
- Functions as the lead clinical resource to Post-Acute Care team. Audits Post-Acute Care cases and interventions to monitor outcomes, track/trend results and identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Works collaboratively with Provider Relations and provider network department to achieve desired goals.
- Works with the Clinical Management to implement best practices for care transitions, utilization and authorization management of selected home care services.
- Works with Clinical Management to support clinical and utilization management goals and objectives.
- Registered Nurse with licensure in the state(s) of practice required.
- Minimum of 4-6 years’ experience with thorough knowledge of healthcare, case management, re-engineering processes, managed care regulations, utilization management, contract terms/stipulations, capitation requirements and governmental home health agency regulations.
- Previous management / leadership experience strongly desired
- Knowledge of State and Federal regulations in regard to Utilization Management and accreditation standards i.e. URAC, NCQA preferred.
CareCentrix maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with Florida’s Drug Free Workplace Law.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identification, or being a qualified disabled veteran or qualified veteran of the Vietnam era or any other category protected by Federal or State law.