Clinical Scientific Curator at Jackson Laboratory
Clinical Scientific Curator (Remote, Part-Time)
Job Locations: US-Remote
Job ID: 2019-27363
Category:Marketing, Customer Support and Business Development
The remote part-time (20 hours/week) Clinical Scientific Curator will curate and interpret information about human genomic variants and their relationship with protein function, drug efficacy, and clinical trials. Utilizing subject matter expertise, the content curator will specifically collect and assimilate data from scientific literature and other sources into the JAX Clinical Knowledge base (JAX-CKB).
- Curation of new genomic variants into CKB
- Review and update of CKB maintenance variants
- Responsibilities may also include:
- Curation of newly imported clinical trials from ClinicalTrials.gov
- Participation in QA/QC projects as assigned
- Curation of efficacy evidence lines from peer-reviewed literature
- PhD in oncology, genetics, genomics, cellular biology, or molecular biology
- Demonstrated knowledge of next-generation sequencing technology, genomics, molecular diagnostics or cancer biology
- Ability to quickly assess, interpret, integrate, and reassemble relevant medical and scientific literature
- Previous experience as a curator and/or knowledge of scientific databases preferred
- Demonstrated effectiveness in technical writing and oral presentations
- Strong attention to detail and organization required
- Team player with the ability to work independently
The Jackson Laboratory (JAX) is an independent, nonprofit biomedical research institution with more than 2,300 employees. Headquartered in Bar Harbor, Maine, it has a National Cancer Institute-designated Cancer Center in Augusta, Maine, a genomic medicine institute in Farmington, Connecticut, and facilities in Ellsworth, Maine, Sacramento, California, and Shanghai, China. Its mission is to discover precise genomic solutions for disease and empower the global biomedical community in the shared quest to improve human health.
JAX Genomic Medicine is transforming medicine by improving patient care, lowering costs, and increasing life span and health span. JAX Genomic Medicine’s research focuses on the complex genetic causes of disease and on the development of genomic solutions tailored to each person’s unique genetic makeup.
JAX Genomic Medicine sits on a 17-acre site on the campus of the University of Connecticut Health Center. The 183,500-square-foot facility opened in the fall of 2014. Now, it houses over 300 biomedical researchers, technicians, and support staff in state-of-the-art computing facilities and laboratories.
In Connecticut, JAX resides in the scenic town of Farmington, in the state’s capitol region. The Hartford region, which offers some of the best public schools in the country, is made up of both bigger cities and smaller, charming historic New England towns. JAX Genomic Medicine is also geographically located within 2 hours of Boston and New York and is close to multiple transportation systems, including bus lines, highways, railroads and international airports.
JAX employees work in a collaborative, value-driven, and team-based environment where the focus is on advancing science and improving patients’ lives. Researchers apply genetics to increase the understanding of human disease and advance treatments and cures for cancer, neurological and immune disorders, diabetes, aging, and heart disease. JAX was voted among the top 15 “Best Places to Work in Academia” in the United States in a poll conducted by The Scientist magazine!
- INTEGRITY – Courage and commitment to do what is right
- PEOPLE – Inspiring our people to enhance the health of all
- ONE TEAM – Unified by our promise to transform medicine and science
- EXCELLENCE – Achieving world-class results
- INNOVATION – Leading with discovery and creative solutions
- STEWARDSHIP – Caring for and enhancing the resources entrusted to us
What do we have to offer?
JAX offers a dynamic and supportive work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, including a medical plan, outstanding retirement plan, generous paid time off, and tuition reimbursement including an MBA program. Our campus offers a fitness center with an award-winning wellness program and an onsite full service cafeteria.
Most importantly, every position contributes to JAX’s mission of discovering precise genomic solutions for human disease and empowering the global biomedical community in our shared quest to improve human health.
Employment will require successful completion of references, background check, credit check, pre-employment physical, drug test and an appropriate non-compete agreement.
The Jackson Laboratory provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, national origin, veteran status, and other classifications protected by applicable state and local non-discrimination laws.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!