Clinical Laboratory Support Specialist at Jackson Laboratory
Title: Clinical Laboratory Support Specialist, COVID19
- Location: United States
- Employment Type: Remote/Full Time/Temporary
The Clinical Laboratory Support Specialist will assist in the daily operations of the clinical laboratory for COVID19 testing in the area of customer/client interactions, in accordance with approved standard operating procedures (SOPs) and all applicable state and federal regulations. The outcome of this role directly impacts human health and thus must meet the highest possible standards for quality and integrity.
- Customer Client Interactions
- Provides customer service to health care professionals, including hospitals, nursing homes, and other partner institutes for COVID-19 testing.
- Utilizes company LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System) and other internal data systems to perform data entry and specimen tracking.
- In collaboration with Clinical team and laboratory director and ordering care provider, facilitates the seamless flow of samples in the lab for processing; making calls to partner institutes to address specimen or data entry issues.
- BS/BA in biological sciences preferred or 3 years’work experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate written and verbal scientific and clinical information.
- Ability to interact with all individuals in a productive, professional and positive manner.
- The ability to work in a demanding, fast paced, team-oriented environment, while maintaining a high-level of professionalism.
- Demonstrated team player with professional, positive attitude and willingness to be flexible.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interface with a client/user base delivering consistent professional experience.
- Good organizational, communication, and strong computer database skills. Strong attention to detail and accuracy as evidenced by demonstrated ability to accurately execute SOPs. Ability to multi-task and work independently.
The Jackson Laboratory (JAX) is an independent, nonprofit biomedical research institution with more than 2,200 employees. Headquartered in Bar Harbor, Maine, it has a National Cancer Institute-designated Cancer Center, a genomic medicine institute in Farmington, Conn., and facilities in Ellsworth, Maine, Sacramento, Calif., and Shanghai, China. Its mission is to discover precise genomic solutions for disease and empower the global biomedical community in the shared quest to improve human health.
JAX Genomic Medicine is transforming medicine by improving patient care, lowering costs, and increasing life span and health span. JAX Genomic Medicine’s research focuses on the complex genetic causes of disease and on the development of genomic solutions tailored to each person’s unique genetic makeup.
JAX Genomic Medicine sits on a 17-acre site on the campus of the University of Connecticut Health Center. The 183,500-square-foot facility opened in the fall of 2014. Now, it houses over 300 biomedical researchers, technicians, and support staff in state-of-the-art computing facilities and laboratories.
In Connecticut, JAX resides in the scenic town of Farmington, in the state’s capitol region. The Hartford region, which offers some of the best public schools in the country, is made up of both bigger cities and smaller, charming historic New England towns. JAX Genomic Medicine is also geographically located within 2 hours of Boston and New York and is close to multiple transportation systems, including bus lines, highways, railroads and international airports.
JAX employees work in a collaborative, value-driven, and team-based environment where the focus is on advancing science and improving patients’ lives. Researchers apply genetics to increase the understanding of human disease and advance treatments and cures for cancer, neurological and immune disorders, diabetes, aging, and heart disease. JAX was voted among the top 15 Best Places to Work in Academia in the United States in a poll conducted by The Scientist magazine!
- INTEGRITY – Courage and commitment to do what is right
- PEOPLE – Inspiring our people to enhance the health of all
- ONE TEAM – Unified by our promise to transform medicine and science
- EXCELLENCE – Achieving world-class results
- INNOVATION – Leading with discovery and creative solutions
- STEWARDSHIP – Caring for and enhancing the resources entrusted to us
What do we have to offer?
JAX offers a dynamic and supportive work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, including a medical plan, outstanding retirement plan, generous paid time off, and tuition reimbursement including an MBA program. Our campus offers a fitness center with an award-winning wellness program and an onsite full service cafeteria.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!