Clinical Genomic Scientist at Invitae
Title: Clinical Genomic Scientist
- Office location SF or remote, US
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making clinical-grade genetic information affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Our team is expanding rapidly and we’re looking for people who are passionate about helping improve healthcare to join us.
Invitae is inviting applications from individuals with a background in human genetics and genomics to join a growing team responsible for curating, analyzing, interpreting, and reporting clinical genetic data. This position requires a willingness to learn, and a dedication to patient health. This is a unique opportunity to work closely with an experienced team of California-licensed laboratory directors, board-certified medical geneticists and genetic counselors, genomics scientists, bioinformaticians, and other professionals who aim to bring comprehensive diagnostic and preventive genetic testing to the world.
What you will do:
- Critically analyze and interpret clinical and genetic information.
- Generate clear, concise clinical reports.
- Work on teams to develop and curate genetic content for a broad range of genetic disorders.
- Participate in the development and refinement of tools for analyzing genetic data.
Who you are:
- PhD in genetics or a related field or MS in Genetic Counseling preferred, but will consider strong candidates with undergraduate or other Master’s degrees.
- Experience or strong interest in hematology/immunology genetics is preferred.
- Previous experience in variant interpretation in a diagnostic or clinical laboratory setting is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to understand, synthesize, and coherently evaluate complex genetic information.
- Experience in a CLIA diagnostic laboratory, familiarity with next-generation sequencing, and/or knowledge of advanced methods of copy number detection is preferred.
- Previous research experience with human genetic diseases preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
By joining Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. We’ve created a culture that empowers our teams and our teammates to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!