Clinical Editor, Health Professions at EBSCO Industries
Title: Clinical Editor, Nursing & Health Professions 1
- Location: Ipswich, MA, US, 01938 OR Remote, USA
EBSCO Health is part of EBSCO Information Services (EIS), a division of EBSCO Industries Inc. EIS provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow.
Clinical Editor, Nursing & Health Professions
The Clinical Editor will be responsible for supporting the Section Editor(s) in overseeing the development of high-quality content within specific content domain(s), applying both clinical knowledge/experience and the principles of evidence-based practice. The candidate must have the ability to analyze and critically appraise medical, nursing and allied health research and literature, write clinical topics and edit work produced by clinical editorial team.
Healthcare experience, particularly in direct patient care, is required. Nurses with experience working in NICU/PICU and acute care pediatric specialties; and OR/perioperative and medical surgical care are preferred.
- Write new clinical content topics in several formats for clinical practice tools.
- Serve as content specialist within specific content domain(s), and facilitate topic enhancement and development, systematic literature surveillance, and regular review of content collection
- Support culture of teamwork and writer development through effective editing and feedback
- Maintain quality of content and participate in quality initiatives
- Project manage editorial tasks/initiatives as required
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in a healthcare field
- Direct patient care experience
- > 2 years of writing experience related to medical or scientific content
- Demonstrated understanding/use of principles of evidence-based practice and use of health information technology to support clinical decision making
- Demonstrated ability to extract relevant clinical information from research and write clinical content concisely, exercising judgment to produce content with minimal errors
- Ability to self-manage multiple priorities within deadlines and report on work produced
- Knowledge of PubMed, CINAHL searching strategies
- > 2 years’ experience with MS Office Suite including Word (with use of track changes) and Excel
- Advanced degree in a healthcare field
- Specialty certification current and in good standing
- Experience assessing evidence, performing critical appraisal and statistical skills sufficient to analyze clinical relevance of all study types
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, such as initiative and a strong work ethic
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills such that feedback is effectively and constructively given and received
- Motivated self-learner with focus on team success
- Proficiency with specific Dynamic Health processes may serve in lieu of minimum required qualifications
- Experience with content management systems and project tracking programs (e.g., SDL, Rally, Distiller)
We are accepting candidates who can work in our Ipswich, MA or Glendale, CA offices, or fully remote.
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!