Clinical Data Analyst at McKesson Corporation
Clinical Data Analyst
Work at Home (WNAH)
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Specialty Health, our products and services span the full continuum of specialty patient care. From the initial phases of a product life cycle and the distribution of specialty drugs, to fully integrated healthcare technology systems, practice management support, and ultimately to patient care in the communities where they live, we empower the community patient care delivery system by helping community practices advance the science, technology and quality of care.
We have a vision —that the long-term vibrancy of community care will be achieved through the leadership of physicians committed to clinical excellence and innovation, enabled by close collaboration with our organization and our deep clinical, operational and technological expertise. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Specialty Health you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
The Consulting Analytics and Strategy team draws upon deep expertise in data science, market access, analytics, and oncology to provide innovative, data-driven strategies for clients in the life sciences industry across all phases of product development and commercialization. Our work helps clients define markets, demonstrate value, and inform business decisions throughout product lifecycles. The Clinical Data Analyst will have the opportunity to work on complex business problems leveraging our in-house data sources within a collaborative environment. Responsibilities and work experiences may include but are not limited to the following.
- With minimal supervision, synthesizes business rules and methodological approach to answer questions posed by internal or external clients.
- Analyzes raw healthcare data from multiple sources, such as, electronic health records and claims data, using algorithms and statistical programming.
- Formats output of data analysis for customer readiness.
- Provides quality assurance on all assigned reporting and data extracts.
- Ensures data sets and reports are built to specifications.
- Interacts with clients to clarify needs and in reviewing results.
- Facilitates and participates in peer review meetings for each of the deliverables.
- Obtains proper approvals on each of the deliverables.
- Proactively communicates, collaborates and builds relationships with external and internal clients.
- Works on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Translating the findings from reports for clients into implications or recommendations for business decisions
- 2+ years of related experience in data manipulation and analysis
- 2+ years of SAS programming experience for data manipulation and analysis
- Self-starter, able to work with limited supervision
- Demonstrates curiosity and a creative approach to problem solving
- Experience in mining Claims and EMR data, preferably Oncology related data
- Passion for using data and analytics to solve the economic and business challenges our clients face
- Demonstrated analytical, quantitative, and organizational skills
- Experience or a strong interest in statistical programming, data analysis, and applying quantitative methods to real-world business problems in the life sciences industry
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- An excellent academic record
- Effectively work independently and within a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- A desire to continuously learn and develop professionally
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Oncology data experience preferred.
- Knowledge of data tools, such as SQL, NoSQL, Visual Basic, SAP, IBM, Neteeza, Teradata, Hadoop, and Oracle. R, Python a plus.
- Experience with Tableau and other dynamic data visualization tools.
- Consulting experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Healthcare, Public Health, Statistics, Research Methods, or related fields preferred. Master’s degree a plus.
- General Office Demands
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
Career Level – IC-Professional-P3
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.Continue to grow your career with McKesson!
We deliver careers with purpose and potential. Our focus on better health starts with creating an inclusive environment with strong values where you can build a fulfilling career. You can count on us to provide you with resources and opportunities to grow and be your best, while contributing to our pursuit of improving lives. Every day, McKesson’s employees deliver products to healthcare providers that make a difference in the care and life of a patient. We work to distribute medical supplies, bandages, syringes, vials of flu vaccine, and pharmaceutical drugs to help real patients like Jack, an eight-year-old boy battling cancer. We take that job seriously. Together, the work we do is shaping the future of healthcare. If you are passionate about combining a meaningful career with a balanced life, join us on this journey and apply for a job with McKesson today. Every day, McKesson’s employees deliver products to healthcare providers that make a difference in the care and life of a patient.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!