Clinical Administrative Coordinator at UnitedHealth Group
Clinical Administrative Coordinator – US Remote (895996)
Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
What makes your clinical career greater with UnitedHealth Group? You’ll work within an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you’ll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere.
This position is full – time (40 hours / week) Monday – Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8 hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges. Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
What we do defines who we are. Take a deeper look at how we’re providing support during this global health crisis and search for a way you can get involved. View our Covid-19 Resources Page at: https://info.uhg.com/
- Enter authorizations submitted from delegated groups into ICUE
- Reply to daily priority reports provided by leadership
- Timely completion of claims pended for authorization completeness for the delegated medical groups
- Turn Around Time for authorization correction is 3 – 5 business days, depending on the report
- Diligent management of duplicate cases, and queue reports for accurate data integrity and claims adjudication
- Must have accurate documentation
- Must meet daily / weekly metrics
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of experience working with ICD – 9 / 10 and CPT codes
- Experience working with Microsoft Word (creating, editing, saving documents) and Microsoft Excel (creating, editing, saving spreadsheets)
- Experience working with a PC and windows applications, with the ability to learn other sometimes complex systems
- Any experience working within the healthcare industry
- Working knowledge of medical terminology
- You will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s US Telecommuting Policy
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group – approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Professional experience in a clerical or administrative support related role
- Experience with ICUE and CSP Facets
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. At this time, 90% of our non-clinical workforce transitioned to a work at home (remote) status. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
Some of the steps we’ve taken to ensure employee well-being include:
- Transitioned our new hire training classes to be conducted virtually
- Launched our ProtectWell app and UnitedCARES program to help ease the burden and stress for our UnitedHealth Group team members and their immediate family affected by COVID-19
- Daily updates from our CEO Dave Wichmann to support and inspire team members during this challenging time
- Onsite social distancing and increased sanitization measures for employees who have been welcomed back to our offices
- Fully cover the COVID-19 healthcare costs for our employees
- Employees who self-identify as high risk or who live with someone who is high risk have been asked to remain working from home
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities at: https://www.unitedhealthgroup.com/newsroom/addressing-covid.html
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health – related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: customer service, healthcare, telephonic, patient interaction, field based, advocacy, medical terminology, codes, coding, work from home, WAH, WFH, remote, telecommute, hiring immediately
- Requisition Number: 895996
- Job Title: Clinical Administrative Coordinator – US Remote
- Job Family: Medical and Clinical Operations
- Business Segment: Enterprise Clinical Services
Job Location Information
- Dallas, TX
- United States
- North America
- Other Locations: Hartford, CT
- Tampa, FL
- Phoenix, AZ
- Minneapolis, MN
Additional Job Detail Information
- Employee Status: Regular
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Level: Individual Contributor
- Shift: Day Job
- Travel: No
- Telecommuter Position: Yes
- Overtime Status: Non-exempt
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!