Clinical Abstractor at Healthcare Management Solutions
EOE StatementHealthcare Management Solutions, LLC has established an Affirmative Action Plan. HMS is deeply committed to the concept and practices associated with equal opportunity and affirmative action in all aspects of employment. HMS makes clear that all applicants will be treated without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital status, changes in marital status, pregnancy or parenthood, gender, or gender identity or expression, military or veteran status, political affiliation, or any other protected characteristics under applicable law when the reasonable demands of the position(s) do not require distinction on the basis of age, disability, sex, marital status, changes in marital status, pregnancy, or parenthood.
This company does not tolerate unlawful discrimination in its employment practices. We recognize the value of diversity in our workforce, and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all candidates who choose to apply, however, only those selected for a further interview will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Vet/Disabled
HMS is an EEO/AA/E-Verify compliant and drug free workplace employer.
Healthcare Management Solutions, LLC (HMS) has an opening for a Clinical Abstractor. This is a remote casual, part time position. The Clinical Abstractor will perform medical record reviews of clinical data variables from STS national registry medical record reviews which includes review of records submitted by providers.
- Participates in meetings and trainings with vendor, Participant sites, for the medical record collection process.
- Participates in training with participant sites and medical record review team on audit procedures, document submission, and other project requirements.
- Monitors project email inbox and responds to participant site questions as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Three years relevant healthcare experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in health plan quality improvement, managed care or equivalent experience.
- 2 years coding and medical record abstraction experience.
- 1-year managed care experience.
- Advanced knowledge of STS National Registry Databases.
- Microsoft Office
- MS-Sharepoint preferred
- Work in a team environment
- Communication skills to interact with customers
Minimum Education and Training Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Active RN license
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!