Client Services Specialist at Daily Kos
Client Services Specialist (Remote)
- LOCATION: Flexible (within the U.S.)
Daily Kos is the nation’s largest liberal online political community, news organization, and activism hub. Powered by millions of dedicated activists, we’re transforming media and organizing by empowering regular Americans to reshape politics
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic Client Services Specialist to join our diverse and growing Activism team. You will be responsible for working with clients to manage lead generation orders, track metrics, build relationships, and increase operational efficiency on client campaigns. Your work will be key to expanding the activism, communication and fundraising strength of dozens of progressive campaigns and organizations, while contributing to a crucial area of our business.
If you are excited about contributing to the success of progressive politics, would be thrilled to provide top-notch client services, are made happy by spreadsheets, metrics, and datawe want to hear from you!
- Client management, including building a strong working relationship with clients, assisting in campaign approval, exchanging files, tracking metrics, and managing client project timelines.
- Content management, including creating and editing client pages, emails, subject lines, and other content.
- Project management tracking for Daily Kos lead generation activities using multiple tools and apps.
- 2-3 years in client or account management, sales, customer service, or an equivalent experience working with clients and partners.
- OR 2-3 years public interest and/or political work at either a campaign or advocacy organization, or expressed interest in democratic politics or non-profits.
- Experience using databases, CRMs, computer and web-based apps for providing client management.
- Experience with excel, google sheets, tracking, analysis, and presentation.
- Proven project and client management skills
- Solid writing and proofreading skills that conform to email best practices
- Acute attention to detail and focus on quality client experience
- Ability to assess, understand, and address client needs
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Be able to field and prioritize multiple tasks and clients
- Fantastic all-around communicator online and in-person
- Capable of working well with staff and clients of diverse racial, ethnic, and religious backgrounds
- Team player who excels in a fast-paced virtual work environment (While we have an office in Oakland, over 75% of our employees work from home and are spread across the country.)
- Understanding of U.S. politics, elections, and the players or a willingness to learn
- Be tech and internet savvy. We use Slack, Streak, Excel, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Dropbox, Asana, and lots of other tools that make work life easier.
- Familiarity with MySQL and scripting languages are a bonus
SALARY RANGE: $55,000-65,000
This position is a 40 hour/week, full-time exempt position supervised by the Client Services Manager. Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States. The position offers a flexible work environment, the ability to work remotely or from home, competitive salary, excellent benefits including: full medical, dental and vision benefits, optional 401K with a company match, a generous vacation package, as well as employer-paid maternity/family leave. While Oakland is preferred, other locations will be considered for the right candidate. Our organizational commitment to personal growth and work-life balance reduces churn and encourages a very rewarding long-term position.
At Daily Kos, we believe that the diversity of ideas, experiences, and cultures that our employees contribute to our organization help us be more effective activists, and we are proud to be an inclusive and equal opportunity workplace. We have a team of amazing people with different backgrounds and talents that are energized by the day’s news events, and people united by common cause. We’re a company that loves learning and supports growth and training for all our employees.
Women, people of color, and LGBTQIA individuals strongly encouraged to apply.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!