Client Services Specialist at FlexJobs
Title: Client Services Specialist
Location: Remote: US only – CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, OK, PA, TN, TX, VA, WA
Who We Are
FlexJobs focuses on helping people find the best remote and flexible jobs in an easier, safer, and faster way. We’ve been the leader in this space for over 15 years, and from day one have been committed to serving all of our people — clients, partners, and staff — with integrity, intelligence, balance, communication, and care.
This is a 100% remote job, as our entire team works remotely from locations all across the United States. Having a great company culture is really important to us and we’ve been named a Quartz Best Companies for Remote Workers (2021), Outside magazine’s Best Places to Work (2019), and Best Company Culture by Entrepreneur magazine (2018, 2017, and 2015). To learn more about our culture and our current team, you can visit our Careers and Team & Culture pages.
Responsibilities of the Job: The Opportunity
FlexJobs is growing our client services team and we are looking for an energetic, positive person who enjoys connecting with customers through the phone, email, and chat and feels passionate about helping people! All of our client services specialists are versatile and possess the patience, as well as the ability, to answer questions ranging from service and account inquiries, to more complex technical troubleshooting, and educating prospective customers. This is a part-time position (25-30 hours/week), with the potential to grow into a full-time (40 hours/week) role.
The top responsibilities of the job are:
- Genuinely enjoy interacting with customers about account/service/billing questions, helping to solve technical issues, and educating prospective customers on the services FlexJobs provides.
- Comfortable engaging with customers through email, chat, and phone, often simultaneously.
- Communicating in an engaging and professional way, while being friendly and personable.
- Having a positive, empathetic, and professional attitude toward our customers at all times.
- Closely collaborate and communicate with the rest of the team to learn, help, and support one another.
Who You Are
- You have 2-4 years of experience in client services/support, specifically in a remote environment.
- A truly detail-oriented professional who cares about getting the little things right and is skilled in successfully managing multiple points of contact simultaneously.
- You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A resilient person with the ability to work past difficult situations.
- You enjoy researching client questions and concerns to provide resolution and escalate if needed.
- You are calm and empathetic, with a positive outlook and ability to let things go.
- Highly proficient in Google Workspace for team collaboration, digital communication tools like Slack, and related tools to participate in a cohesive, communicative, and collaborative team culture.
- Bonus points for an interest or experience in the employment space and/or the remote job market.
Traits Required of All Team Members
- A sense of pride in your work
- A belief that the details matter…a lot
- Embrace integrity and good business ethics at all times
- Being proactive when it comes to asking questions, brainstorming, and working with colleagues
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- An appreciation and enthusiasm for the ability to work remotely
- Interest in a long-term position with a company that you’re proud to be a part of
- A fully functioning home office, including high-speed internet access that is hard-wired
- A fast computer with a quality VOIP-compatible headset to ensure clear calls
- A work environment that is quiet and one in which you can really focus without distractions
- Be available to work ~25 hours/week on a Monday Friday schedule. Our hours of operation are 8:00am to 6:00pm (Mountain Time) and there are set schedules for this position in order to ensure consistent support for our customers.
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- SIMPLE IRA with company match
- Flexible schedules and a generous time-off policy
- Ability to work remotely
- Pay It Forward initiative (get paid to volunteer!)
- We offer many other supplemental benefits (critical illness, legal, etc.) and stipends (office, wellness, professional development)
- Sustainable Office Perks
- Minimum pay is $15/hour (~25 hour work week); offer will be based on several factors including specific experience and skill
We respond to all applicants, so please check your spam folder or configure your email settings to set our email as safe to be sure you are getting our communications.
If you are selected to move forward, you may be required to do a background check.
FlexJobs is registered as any employer in many, but not all states. Residency in a state we are registered in is required to be considered for employment with us.
Knowing that our people are our greatest resource, FlexJobs is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in diversity, inclusion, and equality for everyone. We acknowledge there is always learning to be done and improvements to be made. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees. As a part of this commitment, we have pledged to be an Open to All business.
FlexJobs is also a veteran- and military spouse-friendly employer. Our positions are perfectly structured for qualified candidates who meet this criterion, and we have a workplace culture that supports their work and life.