Client Billing Analyst at Lionrock Recovery
Client Billing Analyst – remote position
- Department: Finance
Are you passionate about helping those struggling with addictions? Lionrock Recovery is one of the leading telehealth substance use disorder companies in the country with over 10 years of industry experience. Telehealth is what we do, and we’ve been doing long before Covid 19. Lionrock is growing rapidly and we would love for you to join our team!
Lionrock Recovery (www.lionrockrecovery.com) is a Joint Commission-accredited telehealth company providing treatment for mental health and substance use disorders based in Northern California, providing video counseling services to clients nationwide in an online intensive outpatient (IOP)/outpatient (OP) substance use disorder treatment program. Our clients can be found in all 50 states and can even receive treatment while out of the country.
The Client Billing Analyst is the subject-matter expert (SME) with regards to client billing and payments. This person is primarily responsible for calculating due amounts, managing client statements and payments, performing adjustments, setting up and modifying payment plans, and monitoring the client payment portal. Due to the rapid growth and diversity in our client base, the Client Billing Advisor will be a resource for researching, analyzing, interpreting, and communicating private pay and insurance billing and claim related matters to internal staff as well as external customers, while providing a positive financial experience to the client.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for ensuring client statements are accurate and reflect the current due amount, the terms of the Client Agreement, outcomes of processed insurance claims, and the correct fee schedule.
- Responsible for performing adjustments as needed prior to sending statements to clients, and as needed, after payments are received to ensure the balance due is current and accurate.
- Responsible for communicating with clients and internal staff regarding statement balances, due amounts, refunds, and payment portal utilization.
- Role in organization. This role will report directly to and work closely with the Director of Revenue Cycle along with interacting with most other employees including Lionrock’s substance abuse and admissions counselors and senior leadership.
- At least 3 years experience healthcare billing, claims, payments, patient collections, and accounts receivables, preferably in behavioral health or substance abuse disorder setting. Four or more years experience is highly preferred.
- One year experience working at an addiction treatment center, mental health, or telehealth provider, preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent coursework) required.
- Revenue cycle certification from HFMA, AAHAM, AAPC, or similar reputable industry organization preferred, but not required.
- This is a telework position. Candidate must be able to work from a quiet home office space, and work independently
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills
- Excellent mathematical/analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to calculate balance due/financial responsibility amounts and adjustments needed, based on payments received, sessions attended, insurance claim outcomes, and the terms of the Client Agreement.
- Above average skill working with spreadsheets and other online document applications, including Google docs, MS Excel.
- Excellent computer, email, typing, internet skills. Competent phone skills
- Possess a strong ability to research, evaluate, interpret, and communicate client balances, client agreements, payment plans, statements, and payment options to clients and internal staff
- Personable with ability and passion to communicate with a diverse client base seeking addiction treatment
- Manage sensitive and personal information and maintain client’s confidentiality
- Enthusiastic about learning and not afraid to ask questions
- Comfortable working independently with minimal oversight but willing and able to collaborate with individuals who may be in remote locations
- Ability to learn and effectively use video conferencing applications
Benefits and Perks
Full time – $25 – $28 per hour ($52,000 – $58,000/yr), commensurate with experience; 401K and Matching, health insurance, work from home, career path, flexible hours, PTO
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!