Cisco Telecom Design Engineer at Ameriprise Financial : Auto & Home Insurance
Cisco Telecom Design Engineer
IDS Property Casualty Insurance Company invites you to apply.
Job ID: Cisco Telecom Design Engineer- Job Id: 14789BR
We are looking for a highly motivated engineer with a deep Cisco UCCE skill set to join its contact center engineering and operations team.
AAH’s voice systems provide the critical connections between our skilled representatives and both existing and potential policyholders. If you’re passionate about voice systems, able to think critically, work independently yet be a productive collaborator, have an eye for innovation and automation, and are committed to delivering high quality results, we’d love to talk to you.
- Understands and Develops technical standards and architectural design requirements related to contact center engineering.
- Converts business requirements into contact center routing configuration utilizing the Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise (UCCE) platform.
- Understands and engineers to support the technology interfaces across the enterprise including: SIP, TCP/IP, UDP, CTIOS and standard TDM based communications (ISDN, FXO/FXS, etc.).
- Engineers and supports solutions utilizing Voice Over IP technologies.
- Serves as a focal point for integration of technology within and across technology capability domains – Ensure deliverables meet expectations regarding cost, schedule and scope.
- Establish and manage release schedules and processes – Ensure deliverables are aligned with POA architectural standards and deploy the appropriate reuse of common objects and components.
- Leads in the development of project requirements and estimates from a technical perspective.
- Anticipate, promote and manages technical uplift initiatives (upgrades, re-platform, etc) .
- Own and manage projects as Subject Matter Expert in the contact center technology domain.
- Day to day management of the UCCE platform including route log review, troubleshooting with support vendors, and business liaison.
- Provide rotational on-call support for contact center escalations
- Educates vendor(s) on changes to technical standards and architectural requirements
- Ensures vendor solutions meet technical standards, design and performance requirements
- Actively participates in design walk-throughs with the vendor(s)
- Provide quality assurance on vendor deliverables to avoid impacts on existing applications and/or business processes
- Establishes a strong working relationship with vendor(s) through manufacturing phases of development and implementation
- Drive correction of mis-managed tasks by vendors, ensure the mistakes are not duplicated
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field; or equivalent work experience.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience.
- 5-7 years of proven engineering expertise within the subject matter domain.
- Ability to support working outside of normal business hours to provide after hour or ” on-call” support when necessary to solve high profile incidents/problems.
- Highly innovative problem solver with strong analytical and customer service abilities required.
- Ability to communicate and articulate technical information across various organizational levels.
- High reasoning aptitude and ability to quickly understand complex operating environments.
- Implementation\architectural experience in Red Hat Linux, Windows Server, VMWare, Cisco (LAN/WAN), Disaster Recovery, Cloud Computing concepts, Voice Communications, and Contact Center Technologies.
- Strong communications skills both verbal and written.
- Domains: Network, Hardware, Infrastructure, Contact Center, Voice, Video, Contact Center.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!