Chief Technology Officer at Lovepop
Chief Technology Officer
Lovepop is on a mission to create one million magical moments and the best place in the world for hungry and creative problem-solvers. The brand was introduced to America on Shark Tank in December 2015 and has since grown to become the largest direct to consumer greeting card company in the world with over 1 million customers, an industry-leading net promoter score, and 44% YOY growth. Today Lovepop is available online, at retail locations across the U.S., and via thousands of third party retailers.
Lovepop is now hiring a Chief Technology Officer. The ideal person for this role will have the requisite experience, skills, passion and leadership capabilities necessary to drive continued rapid and profitable growth for Lovepop. As a member of the Executive Leadership Team, the CTO will play a key role in establishing the Lovepop technology vision and lead the Company’s technological innovation and development. The CTO will recommend and implement the technical strategy roadmap that will align with company business goals and objectives in support of continuing growth. The CTO will also need to see their role through the lens of the business, while driving innovative technologies that will enhance the company’s products and services and create a sustainable competitive advantage for Lovepop. In partnership with other members of the leadership team, the CTO will help drive company growth through expanding the product portfolio, investing in the online customer experience, technology and data, and expanding retail sales channels and distribution within the U.S. and internationally.
Lovepop believes that love is the foundation for a brighter world, and it grows when it is shared. Every day, Lovepop pours their hearts into developing creative, meaningful and fun ways for people to share love with the people around them. They combine art and engineering to stretch the boundaries of imagination and create magical gifts that bring people together. Whether someone is celebrating a holiday, an important milestone, or an everyday moment, Lovepop aims to inspire others to share love with their amazing designs.
Lovepop’s vision is to continue to accelerate its advantage in its core card business while growing adjacent categories ( e.g. kids) and content properties to build a multi-billion dollar household global consumer brand that stands for engineering, art, magic and connection.
Role and Responsibilities
- The Chief Technology Officer will work with Wombi Rose, CEO & Co-Founder, and John Wise, COO/President & Co-Founder, to lead the technology vision and strategy for the company. Specifically, you will:
- Create and execute a long-term technology vision and forward-thinking capability development across all dimensions of the business (including design, consumer testing, e-commerce, infrastructure, data, personalization and logistics)
- Inspire, develop, and engage a world-class team of engineers, product managers, UX designers, and data analysts
- Build industry-leading online experiences that create value for customers and value for Lovepop
- Develop, implement, and maintain a short and long term strategic technology, product, and data roadmap in support of company business goals and objectives
- Build a financially-leveraged team by creatively balancing outsourced resources with home-grown teams across geographies
- Maintain industry-leading uptime on critical technology infrastructure through great architectural decisions, successful monitoring and testing processes, and system redundancy
- Ensure data privacy and system security compliance for all Lovepop operations across all geographies
- Develop a differentiated approach to data ingestion and analysis that gives a competitive advantage and speed, including the application of sophisticated data science techniques.
- Utilize creative, thoughtful, and boundary-pushing system development strategies that unlock opportunity (including build vs. buy decisions and system architecture)
- Systems architecture ownership experience, particularly for a company that has physical inventory, preferably has experience with or ownership of an ERP implementation
- Software systems design – Deep understanding of interconnected systems and the cost, performance, and strategic implications of making particular architecture choices
- Software development – Experience building and leading world-class software development teams and processes across geographies
- Product management experience
- A sophisticated understanding of how consumer internet technologies work; E-commerce experience preferred
- Rapid growth experience in scaling a company from $50-100M and ideally more
- Data science ownership, and preferably personal background in education & research in data science along with commercial experience in application
- Deep and applied understanding of data storage, architecture, and analysis, including advanced data science techniques
- Successful in owning business results, and knows how to inspire the team to feel empowered and accountable for their decisions
- Ability to step outside your own technical domain and take the “voice” of the customer as input into their direction setting and decision making
- Possesses a solid blend of great technical skills and strong people skills
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to foster an open dialogue among all stakeholders that encourages respectful, honest, and challenging debate about how the world works
- Track record of being an effective negotiator
- Lives and breathes the Lovepop core values of engineering, hunger, magic, and connection
- Maintains high trust with the team which requires honesty, transparency, alignment, lack of ego, getting the whole story, believing in each other, maintaining safe space
- Global and strategic thinker, very smart, and can meaningfully contribute to all critical ELT decisions
- Inspirational and positive
- Team player that supports, collaborates and builds peers and direct reports.
- Capable, competent, and smart
- Demonstrated ability to drive successful outcomes and enterprise value
- Thoughtful and direct communication
- A mindset of we are all in this together and the team comes first
- Ability to get things done
- Curiosity for new ideas and learning – craves feedback and growth
- Works well with peers across the organization. Is able to collaborate effectively to drive outcomes
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!