Chief Product Officer at Nearpod
Chief Product Officer
- Level: Senior
- Position Type: Full Time
- Education Level: 4 Year Degree
- Job Category: Executive
- At Nearpod we empower educators to create learning experiences that engage and inspire millions of students around the world.
- Through a combination of digital lessons, interactive features (see our Virtual Field Trips and 3D objects initiatives), videos (including our Flocabulary hip-hop video platform), and real-time assessments Nearpod has become a leader – and teacher favorite – in teaching and learning.
- As Nearpod’s Chief Product Officer, you will be responsible for setting direction and driving strategic initiatives empowering teachers to have an impact in their classrooms.
- You will work closely with senior leadership across the organization to define product strategy and build and communicate the product roadmap.
- You will be responsible for managing, mentoring, and growing our Product, UX, and Content teams into their next phase of success.
- You will also collaborate directly with Nearpod’s Engineering, Marketing, and Data teams to build and execute on the product vision.
- You are senior, experienced, and passionate about product management. You have experience at a leadership level growing product organization.
- You have a passion for education and teaching. You understand the multifaceted jobs that teachers hold today and the challenges inherent to them.
- You have previously built and scaled a product organization, establishing a culture of excellence for the product team, and extending the production process throughout the company.
- You leverage behavioral psychology, UX, and data science to deliver customer and business value.
- You are comfortable understanding and working across both consumer and enterprise client profiles.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Scale Nearpod’s product vision and strategy and prioritize impactful initiatives that align with our business objectives
- Lead, mentor, and grow a diverse team including Product Managers, UX designers, and Content/Curriculum Specialists
- Act as an advocate for a product-centric culture, our mission, and continued innovation and product excellence
- Establish a data practice across product management measuring to objectives and key results that align with the product and business strategy
- Identify, prioritize, and evaluate product initiatives and build our product roadmap
- Drive the implementation of the product roadmap by partnering closely with our engineering, UX, client success, and data teams
- Work closely with Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success to communicate the product roadmap and ensure new features make it into our customers’ hands.
- Define, monitor, and analyze product metrics. Communicate important trends and learnings as they happen. Feed learnings back into the product discovery process.
- Communicate product plans, trade-offs, and results to the company and leadership.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience as a senior B2B or B2C2B software product leader, CPO or VP level.
- High emotional intelligence. Sensitive to the company’s current culture, yet confident enough to establish their own culture based on a strong sense of urgency.
- Experience in a high-growth, entrepreneurial environment is preferred; with emphasis as a strong strategic thinker having proven to have driven through to implementation.
- A superb communicator that will be eloquent and charismatic in front of customers, business partners, employees, and investors.
- Experience hiring, managing, and mentoring high-performing product teams
- Experience creating, building, and scaling user centric SaaS products
- Experience with agile & scrum best practices
- Experience partnering with globally distributed development teams
- Passion for our product and a growth mindset
- Experience in Education, specifically K-12 a plus
- Since we launched in 2012, Nearpod has seen wide adoption in the K-12 market; currently, over 100,000 teachers and six million students use Nearpod every month.
- 2017 marked the second consecutive year that Nearpod has been listed on the Inc.
- 5000 fastest growing private companies and we have been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Fortune and local news channels across the country.
Nearpod is headquartered in Dania Beach, Florida and is backed by notable investors that include: Insight Venture Partners, Reach Capital, Storm Ventures, the Stanford StartX Fund, the Knight Enterprise Fund, Arsenal Ventures, Marc Benioff (the CEO of Salesforce) and Scott Cook (founder and Chairman of Intuit) and his wife, Signe Ostby
Employment Requirements: Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without restrictions
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!