Chief Product Officer at Precision Nutrition
Chief Product Officer
- GCC · Toronto, Ontario or Remote, Anywhere
Wanted: Are you a driven, fitness-loving education and software product leader?
We need you to help us build genuinely life-changing digital coaching and education products.
Precision Nutrition is growing, and we need an experienced, capable team leader who knows how to transform high-level business goals into beautiful, useful digital applications.
Some might call the job “VP of Product,” or “Head of Product,” or “Chief Product Officer.” We don’t really care what you call it, as long as your unwavering passion — day in and day out — is to build amazing digital products that help people live happier, healthier lives.
Intrigued? Let us tell you more…
Join our Adventure
We’re embarking on a new adventure, and we need a decisive, design-obsessed leader to help lead the way.
Over the next 10 years, Precision Nutrition is focused on integrating its world-class nutrition education and certification programs, ProCoach coaching software, and PN Academy continuing education platform into a combined offering. We will also expand our offering to other domains in health and fitness such as movement, sleep, recovery and stress management.
To help us reach our goals and keep us moving forward, we need a self-motivated, battle-tested and execution focused product leader who knows how to line up the pins of a complex product roadmap and knock them down with breathtaking efficiency.
Who we’re looking for
- A master of efficiency & execution, with a passion for experience design and ensuring customers achieve the results they are looking for (at PN we ask ourselves if we are helping customers do the “job” they are hiring us for). Although we don’t believe experience is everything, we think 7 – 10 years of experience leading a team and building products that make an impact would make a significant difference.
- You deeply understand digital education. We are not talking about putting another educational video online, but you “know how” to combine education curriculum and technology to change the way that students acquire new coaching skills using digital tools. We are calling this tech-assisted skill acquisition.
- You’re an experienced team leader. You know how to manage a digital product team in a supportive, positive way, how to deal with conflict constructively, and how to keep a project moving.
- You care about seamless, thoughtful design and awesome UX. For you, it’s not enough that a product meets a bunch of requirements. Every product needs to amount to more than the sum of its parts. It needs to be beautiful, useful, usable, and cost-effective. And must help students see the progress they are making along their education and coaching journey.
- You are unique because you understand how to sell. Not only can you lead the development of great products, but you know how to use the in-product experience to help students find and purchase content and tools that will make them feel special and improve their effectiveness.
- Product roadmaps are your jam. You know how to take a product roadmap and turn it into specific, actionable projects. And when the winds change and new factors emerge, you know how to adjust these tasks and adapt as needed.
- You’re a prioritizing machine. When confronted with multiple competing perspectives about a product feature or production timeline, you’re able to hone in on what matters most and prioritize accordingly.
- You’re easy-going and fun to be around. You don’t have to be the life of the party, but you’ve got a good sense of humor, and are down to have a coffee (or tea) and socialize every now and then.
- You strive to “80/20” every product feature. You know better than to spend 10-weeks solving a tiny problem with minimal user impact. You’re always focused on getting the maximum value out of features with the minimum amount of effort.
- You’re independent & self-motivated. You don’t need someone telling you what to do. A monthly check-in to discuss business goals and product development is all you need to keep things ticking along.
- You’re excited about improving people’s health. Helping people become healthier is the reason our company exists, and it’s what gets us excited about what we do. Like us, you’re as passionate about health and fitness as you are about building products.
What you’ll be doing
- Turning our ambitious business goals into beautiful, life-changing education and coaching products.
- You will lead our effort to create an integrated product offering including education and certification, coaching software, and continued education in a membership community. And you will support the addition of additional life changing products in new health and fitness domains.
We’ve got the vision, the support , and the operational development and product talent to build some truly amazing things for our clients over the next 10 years.
All we need is to start the engine … is you.
A few important caveats
This is a dream job, if you’re the right person for it.
Must-Have #1: You must be a resourceful self-starter.
You may have noticed we skipped the boilerplate-filled list of “roles and responsibilities” for this position. That’s because we trust you to get things done however you see fit. If you find this level of freedom scary or paralyzing, this job isn’t for you.
Must-Have #2: You must love executing, not just innovating.
Precision Nutrition isn’t an experimental start-up. We have a successful business model, an established customer base and three great products that need to evolve. If you’re looking for a place where you can blue-sky ideas and concepts from scratch, this isn’t it. This position is more about execution and less about launching a brand new concept. We have a big, loyal audience and we have strong insights into what they need. You don’t need to spin your wheels trying to figure things out, we have incredible insights and need a balance of a fantastic strategist and executor to bring it to life.
Must-Have #3: You must care deeply about the customer.
At the end of the day, what matters most is that our products are genuinely helping people live healthier lives. You need to be obsessively customer-focused, continuously checking in with our users and incorporating their feedback so we never lose sight of this goal.
Wondering if this is the right path for you?
Every year, professionals at the top of their field choose to join Precision Nutrition.
Here are 5 reasons why.
Reason #1: We give you the freedom to “do you.”
Unlike most companies, we don’t have rigid rules about how and when to do things. You’ll always be free to work independently, whenever, wherever, and however you want.
Reason #2: You can work from anywhere.
We’re a 100% remote company, and have been working remote for 17 years. When you join our team, you’re no longer shackled to one desk, one office, one city, or even one country!
Reason #3: Meetings are optional. (No, really.)
You’re an adult. You’re capable of deciding how your time should be spent. If you don’t think you need to attend a meeting, you don’t. Simple as that.
Reason #4: You’ll always feel supported.
In a regular office, it’s easy to feel like a hamster in a wheel, powerless to change things. At Precision Nutrition, we work as a team to overcome issues & barriers that stand in each other’s way, and we treat each other with enthusiasm, compassion, and care.
Reason #5: You’ll never be bored.
People often come to Precision Nutrition after hitting a plateau in their old jobs. At PN, you’ll get the chance to conquer new challenges, learn from the best, and reach thrilling new heights of personal and professional growth.
Plus: no commute … and no 9-to-5 grind.
Go ahead: schedule work around your kids. Fly to Europe on a moment’s notice. We don’t care where you’re based or what hours you keep, as long as you always give us your best when it counts.
Sound like we might just be the perfect company for you? Then you might just be the perfect fit for us. Click Apply for this Job below to get started!
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!