Chief of Staff at Zendrive
Chief Of Staff, HR and Facilities
- CHICAGO, ILLINOIS or Remote
We’re seeking a Chief of Staff Marketing Manager to join our rapidly growing commercial insurance subsidiary, Fairmatic. Fairmatic’s mission is to save lives on today’s roads by building a worldclass commercial insurance proposition from the ground up that encourages our customers to be safer. This is an opportunity to be part of a fast growing, ambitious company that is looking to find new ways to delight customers in the commercial auto space.
The Fairmatic proposition is to build on 190 Billion miles of driving data to create a differentiated pricing and customer proposition that directly incentivizes our customers to be safer, which is unrivaled by our competitors.
As well as building a best in class insurance proposition, Fairmatic is proud to be building an organizational culture based on empathy, authenticity and diversity to truly build a great place to work.
Fairmatic is hiring a Chief of Staff for our fastgrowing insurance team. The objective of this role is to be “Triple Hat” in the early days of Fairmatic and have responsibility for HR, Facilities and while acting as Chief of Staff in support of our COO.
Please note: This is a remote (work from home) position that can be based anywhere within the U.S.
- Facilitate the creation of initial HR policies taking what has already been created from Zen Drive and from previous experience. Policies to include: Global Employment Contracts for US, UK, India, and others where Appropriate
- Assist the COO in setting up Payroll processing from relevant geographies
- Support the definition of the benefit package to be in line with market practices, budget and company culture
- Instigate Talent management process
- Define new starter onboarding process
- Be the point of contact for recruitment for third parties and candidates
- Help the definition of recruitment process for all exec and non exec roles
- Set up interviews and attend where appropriate
- Run all aspects of location administration.
- Help define location strategy for Fairmatic (onshore, nearshore and offshore)
- Define procurement strategy and implement
Chief of Staff (Get Sh*T Done)
- Acting as the liaison between COO and other executives, clients, and stakeholders to ensure consistent communication and ensuring involvement or decisionmaking at the proper time.
- Drafting letters, emails, reports, and other correspondence on behalf of the COO
- Prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously and following through on issues in a timely manner.
- Ensuring timely and effective completion of projects and initiatives of the COO
- When necessary representing COO, by email, and phone calls with internal and external stakeholders.
- Participating with the COO and senior management team in strategic planning, policy development, and decisionmaking.
- Providing adhoc project assistance and other duties, as needed
- Acting as a ‘glue to the team’ Have an understanding of team dynamics, morale & team issues
- Creating documents/reports necessary for: Exec meetings, Board Meetings, and Adhoc Meetings
- Tracking deliverables and helping drive key projects to completion by following up on outstanding items. Maintaining excellent organisation to anticipate future activities and ensure effective, longerterm planning.
- Creating and maintaining systems and processes to streamline operations.
- Budget reporting/overview
- Managing COO calendar and prioritizes his time and schedule.
- Planning all aspects of team events and meetings, including venue and vendor selection and management, travel arrangements and agenda formulation.
- Coordinating travel arrangements such as booking flights, hotels, car service, etc.
- Preparing Travel and Expense reports by collecting and organising expense receipts, etc., on a regular basis.
- Maintaining accurate confidential files and data records.
What we Offer:
- Comprehensive private medical insurance
- Balance: Fairmatic has an unlimited vacation policy
- Financial: 401(k) retirement savings program
- Wellness: Monthly allowance for gym, yoga, or massage memberships
- Mobile: Monthly allowance for mobile data plan
- Internet: Monthly allowance for home internet
- Entertainment: Monthly allowance for Spotify Premium, Pandora, Apple Music, or Audible Silver subscription
- Learning & Development: Annual allowance to apply towards a professional development opportunity
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!