Chief Financial Officer – CFO at Forager Group
Chief Financial Officer (CFO) (Remote)
- Remote OK
- Category: Accounting & Finance
Chief Financial Officer
Join Forager’s executive team in developing the strategy to advance our goal of disrupting the $30B cross-border logistics industry. As an integral part of our team, the new position of Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will be responsible for strategic financial planning, building out a strong finance and accounting organization, and being a core stakeholder in developing the company’s long-term strategy. You will have ownership over capital funding, FP&A and will ultimately serve as a partner to the CEO in setting proper goals for the business as we grow our SaaS marketplace. You have operating experience working in a high growth marketplace environment and previous experience in finance and capital raising.
- Work collaboratively with leadership team to assess and model short-term and long-term growth plans, operational goals, departmental budgets and forecasts
- Lead Forager’s financing efforts and ensure the business maintains an optimized capital structure. Lead future fundraising rounds with the CEO, while building strong relationships with current and prospective investors
- Serve as the leadership liaison to Forager’s Board of Directors; effectively communicate and present critical financial and strategic matters at meetings
- Improve internal controls, accounting standards, enhance processes and reporting capabilities, including forecasting to ensure rapid growth and expansion
- Develop, maintain and ensure delivery against KPIs, business plans, financial models and budgets
- Lead, develop, and promote a culture of high performance and continuous learning among the Finance and Accounting team members
- Drive functional teams to achieve significant business growth while capturing cost efficiencies and implement cost management processes
- Collaborate with People Operations to build hiring plans, forecast salary/commission/bonus compensation, assist with payroll activities and architect employee stock options
- Convey a strong organizational leadership presence that represents the Forager way
What You’ll Bring:
- 10+ years of experience in Finance, Accounting and/or Business Operations, including 3+ years in a senior leadership role
- 5+ years of experience managing a P&L for a high-growth SaaS and/or Marketplace company
- Experience supporting or leading fundraising efforts, including managing relationships with current and future investors
- Experience managing, developing, and guiding high-performing teams
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to delegate, multi-task, lead and prioritize effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Strong people person, highly effective communicator, both written and verbal
Open to remote candidates
Forager is a logistics tech startup with one goal: simplify cross-border freight with a combination of purpose-built technology and decades of industry experience. We’re building an automated and collaborative marketplace that connects cross-border shippers (customers) with their optimal carrier (trucking companies) based on region, price, and service rating.
In response to COVID-19 & Forager’s commitment to keeping our employees, their families and our community safe, we have made the decision to continue working remotely through the remainder of the 2020 year. This means all new hires will be onboarded and trained remotely.
Forager is an equal employment opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other legal protected characteristics.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!