Chief Financial Officer at Spur Jobs
Chief Financial Officer
What is Spur?
Spur is a mission-driven startup that has built the first free HR, payroll and benefits platform for businesses with hourly workforces. Our offering saves time and money for our customers, giving business owners and people managers tools and resources to improve the quality of life for their workers. Spur is rapidly growing, adding customers across the country while raising the largest Series-A in the history of Alabama.
We’re looking for a proven leader that can drive scalable financial and strategic growth across our expanding business. This is an opportunity to join a well-funded, growth-focused company as a trusted partner to Spur’s Founder/CEO.
The CFO will be responsible for steering the organization through increasing operational complexity, as well as ensuring Spur has a robust and scalable financial platform. This individual will take ownership of all financial and operational aspects of the company, becoming a key member of the executive team for a fast growing and innovative company with a strong startup culture. The CFO must build strong relationships with our team, our investors, potential investors, legal partners, vendors, and other partners to ensure the long-term financial security of the company. The CFO will also be responsible for evaluating possible growth opportunities, be it through acquisitions or potential product development.
In addition to the corporate responsibilities, this individual will work closely with the product team to create and deliver financial products ranging from payroll and billing products to personal financial planning, banking, and investment products for employees on our platform. If you’re excited by the idea of having the autonomy to build your ideal team to drive revenue and minimize risk, then we’re excited to speak with you.
What you´ll do:
- Develop a financial and capitalization strategy and serve as a key member of Spur’s management team to drive strategic direction, product adoption, and profitability
- Lead fundraising to ensure the company always maintains proper capitalization at the lowest possible cost of capital
- Assist the CEO in managing risk associated with capital allocation and product offerings to ensure acceptable economics on all investments and service offerings
- Provide leadership, direction and management of the administration, finance, and accounting teams
- Ensure the company’s ability to provide accurate and timeline financial reports in accordance with GAAP and management reporting requirements
- Ensure credibility of Finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts
- Serve as the resident expert on financial products for the product team, to ensure existing and new product lines are profitable with minimal risk
What you should already have
- Proven experience guiding the financial profile of a company through growth and investment rounds
- Experience making capital allocation decisions that result in predictable healthy returns on capital
- Proven closer who can build and maintain relationships with leadership and decision makers
- Ability to run an efficient and effective operations organization, including finance, accounting, and risk management
- Startup experience is highly preferred
Achieve your authentic work-life harmony at Spur
Our team is committed to being truly exceptional at our craft and using our talents to solve problems that are worth solving because they make the world a better place. We’re passionate about our product, creating value for all of our stakeholders, and reinventing the world of hourly work.
This passion extends to our employees. We care deeply about creating a culture of transparency, curiosity, deep thinking, and fun. We offer competitive salary and benefits, a flexible work environment, and meaningful equity compensation for key roles. Spur is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and support each other, and equally, hold each other accountable to high standards.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!