Chargemaster at Cognizant
CHARGEMASTER- (REMOTE ANYWHERE IN THE US)
Nottingham, US-MD, USA
Job ID: 00035763801
Cognizant Technology Solutions is seeking a Chargemaster. (Remote anywhere in the US)
- Conduct Chargemaster and related reviews for Clients of Company
- Conduct chart to claim audits of medical records for Company clients onsite and offsite of the Client’s premises
- Provide education to Company’s Clients in Chargemaster billing, coding and compliance
- Prepare written material for client education on various compliance, coding and billing topics.
- Stay current on any and all CMS Transmittals, relate Federal Register articles for inpatients, OPPS, ASCs, CAHs, and some physician regulations and disseminate this information in the form of presentations and seminars to internal and external clients
- Provide training for newly hired consultants
- CCS, CPC, CPC-H, RHIT or RHIA (AHIMA) and/or other clinical certification/licensure (e.g.RN)
- Minimum of five years of facility based Chargemaster experience with an additional three years of HIM/billing experience
- Thorough or exceptional knowledge of Federal, state and payer regulations
- Capable of interpreting medical records reports and chart entries
- Able to work independently and as a team member
- Capable of applying judgment and decision making
- Base office skills (Word, Excel)
- Skilled in independent research of topics related to coding and billing.
- Experience in charge building in various systems (e.g., Craneware, Meditech, HBOC)
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!