Channel Account Executive at Rackspace
Title: Channel Account Executive
- Location: Austin, Texas; United States or Remote, U.S.
The Channel Account Executive is responsible for maximizing new revenue through inbound channels and generating additional revenue through outbound referrals from our channel ecosystem.
This role may office remotely from anywhere in the U.S.
- Develops strategically viable and well-planned sales opportunities with a target set of Master/Sub Agents.
- Responsible for full sales cycle from lead to close.
- Provides Master/Sub Agents with Rackspace product offering based on facts and an understanding of their customer’s current/future needs.
- Develops and nurtures relationships with key stakeholder to drive decisions that result in the close of the sale.
- Uses knowledge to influence, teach, and motivate others towards accomplishing a common goal.
- Logically communicates technical information and ideas so others will understand.
- Identifies opportunities to create promoter Partners & Customers and works to identify new ways to leverage our product set in order to delight them.
- Cultivates and maintains strong relationships with Support Teams, Account Managers and Sales Support Teams.
- Works closely with Sales Engineers, Technical Sales Reps to perform in depth assessment of customer needs and infrastructures.
- Performs proactive assessments of how well Rackspace solutions meet the customer requirements and what customization would be required; presents the assessment to customers as part of the sales process.
- Utilizes business relationships to drive new opportunities.
Qualifications – Is this the job for you?
- Minimum 10+ years successful B2B sales experience, including 5+ years in Cloud Computing (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS), Services, Apps, and/or Security
- Experience in channel/partner sales strongly preferred.
- Previous strategic selling experience required.
- Documented success selling into the Mid Market segment required.
- Experience cultivating new business with new customers.
- Experience in all facets of sales: outbound lead generation, follow up, pipeline management, training, and closing skills required.
- Documented success in closing revenue generating business and successful history working under a quota required
- Must have the experience and business savvy necessary to interact directly with CTO, CIO, VP and other senior roles within the customer organization.
- Must have the business connections to gain access to new customers through self-directed referrals and customer penetration activities.
- Able to communicate the same message in a different way to both technical and business oriented audiences. Superior ability to adapt messages to stakeholders at all levels of the company, from CTO level to front-line technical support.
Are you a Racker?
- Rackers thrive in fast-paced environments built to inspire learning, growing, and innovating.
- They are mission-inspired, values-grounded, culture-focused and dedicated to making a positive impact in everything they do.
- Rackers are inherently wired to solve problems and share ideas in small, nimble teams.
- As experts in what they do, Rackers are serious about delivering a Fanatical Experience™ to our customers.
- Rackers are valued members of a winning team on an inspiring mission and we want you to come join the Racker family!
Why work at Rackspace Technology?
- Find your fanatical. We deliver the best customer experience in the industry to businesses that perform life-saving research, power cities, and feed millions.
- Come as you are. Cultivating inclusion is not just the right thing to do, it enables us to win. Our Executive Inclusion Council and Racker Resource Groups (RRGs) partner to enable an inclusive workplace and drive initiatives such as Rackspace’s participation in the annual Texas Conference for Women.
- Satisfy your curiosity. No matter where you are going, we can help you get there. Our internal learning department, Rackspace University®, provides training and development to Rackers – from Microsoft™ certifications to effective leadership training – our goal is to help you grow.
- Make a difference. At the core of every Racker is a drive to leave the world better than we found it, and we are passionate about giving back to our communities across the globe. While Rackers can leverage paid volunteer time off for any cause, our Rack Gives Back program creates opportunities for Rackers to give our time and talent to others.
- Live life completely. We offer a well-rounded suite of health and wellness programs that help our Rackers achieve a healthy and balanced life-style. So while our Rackers are busy taking care of our customers, we take care of our Rackers.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!