Change Management Lead – Project Manager at Red Hat
Change Management Lead – Project Manager
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Services Knowledge Management and Business Process team is looking for an experienced Change Management Lead to join our global team. In this role, you will work with the entire services organization, working closely with technical roles such as consultants, architects, project managers, solutions architects, and sales engineers. You’ll join a team focused on providing the framework, tools, training and support to enable these functional teams to improve day-to-day knowledge and content management and project delivery excellence. You will support and partner with the principal business process program and IT project managers, developing and delivering a change management strategy for phased, global roll-out of projects. You will develop and deliver on a training framework, including writing lesson plans and creating modules in a variety of forms. As a Change Management Lead you will collaborate closely with technical and delivery users and stakeholders in the field and IT project team. You will advise on, support and complete change management activities to transition to an ideal state which includes implementing new processes, tools and altering behaviors. You’ll work with internal customer teams to identify and empower change agents to serve as liaisons in the field – helping lead change on the ground and addressing new risks and sources of resistance that are uncovered.
Primary job responsibilities
- Conduct organizational change assessments based on project and organizational attributes which include technological processes and behaviors
- Design and develop comprehensive change management plans, which include elements of sponsor and stakeholder management, business readiness, communications, training, coaching, resistance management, and adoption
- Create and manage stakeholder management plans adapted to the project and organization
- Mentor and advise project and organizational members on best practices of change and project management
- Design and conduct readiness assessments, evaluate and share results in a logical and easy to understand manner
- Identify and design measures to track adoption, application, and proficiency of changes
- Identify issues and performance gaps and develop and implement corrective actions
- Work with project teams to integrate change management activities into overall project plans
- Identify, create, and advise on change sustainment plans and elements that can reinforce a lasting change adoption
- Assess and develop communications and learning requirements and approaches when changes are required in processes to support a successful delivery
- 5+ years experience in technical project management, process improvement and direct change management experience
- Prior consulting experience in either an external or internal setting, delivering projects and navigating customer-facing environments
- Experience working in the IT industry; remotely, with global teams and executive-level stakeholder management is a plus
- Experience in developing training plans and delivering training in the areas of tools and processes
- Record of mentoring and teaching others to use, adopt and promote organizational change
- Ability to apply a structured change management approach and methodology for the people-sided change caused by projects and change efforts
- Experience leading change management for a tool implementation project impacting 3,000 users
- Ability to develop a change management plan based on awareness of changes and groups impacted
- Ability to identify potential issues, and develop specific plans to address these concerns
- Ability to develop an actionable and targeted change management plan, including communications, sponsor plan, stakeholder management, learning, and adoption plan
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and manage multiple assignments
- Solid problem-solving skills with the ability to exercise mature judgement
- Demonstrated ability to research and analytic skills
- Demonstrated teamwork and leadership skills
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!