Challenge Tutor at Tomorrow University of Applied Sciences
Challenge Tutor (m/f/d)
We are searching for a remote part-time tutor with expertise in Sustainability and/or Entrepreneurship and/or Technology areas.
About Tomorrow’s University of Applied Sciences
Tomorrow University of Applied Sciences is Germany’s first open digital university, founded by serial entrepreneurs with the mission of building a student-centered challenge-based learning platform to develop and empower change makers who will help us create a better tomorrow today.
- We believe that one of the biggest challenges in education is the way of teaching itself. Therefore we are challenging the old teacher-oriented approach of traditional universities by shifting to a student-centric approach.
- We want to provide our students with a unique opportunity to gain the relevant skills and mindset and then leverage their impact through a global network of like-minded creators.
At Tomorrow’s Education, we leverage science and technology for effective learning and foster a global community for continuous growth and impact. With us, students learn by applying their knowledge to real-life challenges and interacting with world-class educators, mentors, and partners from all around the world.
About the position:
Tomorrow’s University of Applied Sciences* (ToU) is seeking enthusiastic and highly motivated part-time tutors (either in the Sustainability or Entrepreneurship or Technology areas) to support the development strand of our Professional Master’s program in Sustainability, Entrepreneurship, and Technology. You will primarily assist academic course leads in providing a high-quality student experience, which adds value to all stages of the learning experience. You main tasks will include but not limited to:
- Help to bridge the gap between learners and course leads;
- Facilitate synchronous drop-in sessions and online support;
- Facilitate asynchronous academic discussions and attend asynchronous course discussions for challenges in your strand;
- Contribute to the ongoing growth of ToU’s academic community of practice in Slack through regular posts and comments;
- Mentor students and provide guidance and technical support on course materials and study skills;
- Provide feedback to students on their progress;
- Mark students’ work using evaluation criteria;
- Provide and discuss feedback on challenges and evaluation criteria with course leads and the wider ToU team;
You should have knowledge and experience in:
- You are likely to be a PhD student, having already completed a Master’s degree in a relevant discipline;
- 2+ years experience in a relevant field (Sustainability and/or Entrepreneurship and/or Technology areas);
- Demonstrated experience in tutoring and understanding of the barriers and issues facing online students on a professional Master’s program, with a particular focus on promoting inclusively and accessibility;
- High energy level and excitement to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Operate according to deadlines while executing multiple projects;
- Skills and drive to push projects ahead independently;
- Eagerness to learn, diligence to execute;
- Strong coordination and organization skills;
- Creative – think outside of the box and look for new industry benchmarks.
What can we offer you?
- We believe in remote working culture, – work anywhere anytime!
- Great opportunity to earn money on the side.
- A steep learning curve, and development opportunities
- Hands-on practical experience from an early stage startup
- Work with experienced people from the Startup-World
- Flat hierarchies, as well as short and open channels of communication
- The opportunity to join a both well-funded and sustainable startup with huge growth potential. Build the 21st century university with us!
Do you care about education and impact? Grow with us and shape the education space!
At Tomorrow University of Applied Sciences, we believe in the power of you and your own merit much more than we believe in degrees! Sounds weird for an education provider? That’s Tomorrow’s Education! So feel free to send us whatever you think represents your superpowers best 🙂