Title: Certified AOD Group Counselor Needed
Location: United States
Get in on the Ground Floor of Online Telehealth Treatment! Work from home and help men and women turn their lives around.
Must have a Bachelor degree and State Certification as an Addictions Specialist. Moreover, you must have over 3 years of experience.
Part-time: Anywhere from 10-32 hours per week
Salary: $25.00 per hour that can become full time.
About Us: Lionrock Recovery ( www.lionrockrecovery.com ) is a Joint Commission-accredited telehealth company providing treatment for substance use disorders based in Silicon Valley.
- Provides Tele-counseling services to clients in an online IOP/OP program.
- Responsible for the provision of full-range of substance use disorder outpatient treatment services from facilitation of groups, assessment, treatment planning, supportive counseling and case management as well as aftercare planning.
- Accepts new clients in-state as assigned by the Lionrock admissions department, with a commitment to follow through with client treatment from admission to discharge.
- Because this is online treatment, you must have experience using a computer for your work that has a good camera and fast internet.
- Google Doc familiarity, Spreadsheets, Documentation, & Secure Email to meet your primary duties and responsibilities (via video conferencing).
- Conducts SUD evaluations and determines the appropriate level of care to implement evidence based practices and person centered treatment plans in accordance with the mission of Lionrock program and policies.
- Provides a full-range of supportive SUD services including brief individual counseling, case management, and consultations with referral sources and community service providers to support strength-based discharge planning and continuity of care.
- Coordinates group counseling with a clinical team, including the clinical supervisor.
- Prepares all related treatment documentation in accordance with applicable organizational and state standards in a clear, thorough, and timely manner.
- Experience with electronic health records essential.
- Responds to psychological emergencies and provides crisis intervention as required up to and including referrals to a higher level of care and/or coordination with local emergency services.
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited college or university in a mental health related field such as Psychology, Drug and Alcohol Treatment Counseling, and Group Facilitation
- State Certification as an addiction professional.
- Ability to work in crisis situations in a professional and mature manner.
- Strong counseling, CBT, and motivational interviewing skills. Ability to apply evidence-based treatment interventions as well as an understanding of traditional community supports in substance use disorder treatment essential.
- Must be able to work individually and in a team environment. High degree of time management skill desired.
- Must be available to schedule client video tele-counseling sessions in a private office space. Home offices are acceptable provided that clinicians represent the agency in a professional manner.
- Above average verbal and writing skills essential as most company and client communication is completed via email.
- Must be able to develop clear and concise reports in a timely manner.
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records desired.
- Strong ability to work with computers and software desired. Must agree to maintain your computer and internet accessibility as these are essential to providingonline counseling services.
*Note – This position may remain open even after an immediate position has been filled as we are constantly hiring/expanding and want to keep great candidates on file. Feel free to check with our recruiter, after you have applied, to see if there is an immediate opening. Sometimes our recruiter knows there will be an upcoming opening and other times positions become available unexpectedly.