Certification and Training Manager at Society for Ecological Restoration - SER
Certification and Training Manager
- Preferred Member Company
- Society for Ecological Restoration
- Remote Position, United States
About SER: The Society for Ecological Restoration is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization with more than 3,000 members in 80 countries. The society consists of 13 regional chapters, 2 thematic sections and more than a dozen student associations. The Society’s mission is to promote ecological restoration as a means of sustaining the diversity of life on earth and re-establishing an ecologically healthy relationship between nature and culture.
SER’s Certified Ecological Restoration Practitioner (CERP) program is designed to encourage a high professional standard for those who design, implement, oversee, and monitor restoration projects throughout the world. More information at: http://www.ser.org/Certification
Position Overview: SER is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Certification and Training Manager to deliver and grow its certification and training programs.This is a .5-1.0 FTE remote position (FTE level is flexible, but likely starting at .5-.75 FTE) that reports to the Executive Director.
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated team player with experience in administering certification/training programs or project management, group coordination, and strong written and verbal communication skills. Experience in ecological restoration or environmental science is required.
- Coordinate the more than 50 CERP program committee volunteers (split among 5 committees)
- Act as the principal contact with Certified Ecological Restoration Practitioners (CERPs), Certified Ecological Restoration Practitioners-in-Training (CERPITs), and potential applicants; respond to inquiries, trouble shoot, etc.
- Facilitate the certification application and review processes
- Compile and send the CERP/CERPIT approval packages
- Create and drive overall strategy directed at increasing and retaining CERPs/CERPITs
- Manage CERP/CERPIT maintenance activities including continuing education credit submissions and maintenance fees
- Engage regulatory, permitting, and funding organizations to create preferred status for certified practitioners
- Manage outreach to academic institutions to maintain updated academic listings, promote CERP program partnering opportunities, organizational membership, and student associations.
- Help promote online forum discussions related to ecological restoration
- Develop quarterly issues of Practitioner Insider, the quarterly newsletter for CERPs/CERPITs
- Serve as the primary liaison between SER and its partners to develop and deliver relevant ecological restoration training programs
- Coordinate SER’s Training Endorsement Program including the review of relevant potential trainings
- Provide webinars and presentations to groups of potential applicants and partners to increase awareness of the CERP program and the benefits of certifications
- Develop website content related to the CERP program
- Update CERP program fact sheets and outreach materials
- Create CERP program graphics and text for SER’s monthly and quarterly communications
- Coordinate with SER’s Program Manager to make sure that CERPs/CERPITs are featured in SER’s social media posts, webinar series, conferences, and other programs
- Coordinate with SER’s Membership Director to facilitate outreach to potential Business Members, Sponsors, Academic Institutions, and SER partners
- Support and collaborate with SER’s Board of Directors as needed; participate in quarterly telephone and annual in-person meetings
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in program/project management
- Minimum of 5 years experience in ecological/biological sciences, preferably in ecological restoration
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Capacity to work well with competing priorities and tight deadlines that require a high degree of independent action with minimal supervision
- Skilled at prioritizing multiple competing tasks with numerous project leaders
- Ability to communicate effectively with many individuals across an international network
- Willingness to quickly learn new technological systems and software
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Prompt, polite, and professional demeanor
- Budget development and management
- Basic audio and video editing skills
- Experience with HTML
- Experience navigating an Association Management System and other database driven management systems (e.g. cloud systems to manage blind certification reviews).
- CERPs and CERPITs strongly encouraged to apply
Position details and Application Process
In addition to a friendly and flexible work environment, SER offers a generous benefits package that includes health and dental insurance, paid federal holidays, vacation time and sick leave, a SIMPLE IRA retirement savings plan and more.
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter and a writing sample to email@example.com. Please title your email: SER Certification and Training Manager – YOUR NAME. The position is open until filled, with priority given to applicants who submit materials by June 5, 2020. Top applicants will be contacted by email to schedule interviews.
No phone calls, please.
SER is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
- Job ID: 54037375
Remote Position, United States
- Position Title: Certification and Training Manager
- Company Name: Society for Ecological Restoration
- Job Function: Project-Manager
- Job Type: Part-Time
- Job Duration: Indefinite
- Min Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate
- Min Experience: 5-7 Years
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!