Freelance Career Specialist (f/m/d)
CareerFoundry is building the number one online destination for career changers in tech, and we’re looking for an organized, friendly, and resourceful Career Specialist to join our fun-loving and talented Career Services Team. As our student base grows, we need to keep pace with coaching and motivating our students about the realities of job search in today’s technology sector.
This is where you come in – we need someone with the career coaching, organizational, and people skills to help keep our students on the right track to find the right job for them!
As a Career Specialist, you will coach students on job application materials, and foster strong connections with employers and alumni around the globe. As part of your role, you’ll be the key advisor to students who are approaching the end of the CareerFoundry program. You are in charge of making sure they can secure a job with their newly learned skills and utilize their portfolio to present themselves successfully to potential employers.
We are looking for a driven, hands-on person who can help take our career services offering to a world-class level that will ensure our students’ success.
What’s in it for you:
- Make an impact at a company that has a positive effect on the world by helping people find jobs they love
- Directly impact students’ personal growth, and help them succeed in their goals
- Flexible and Mobile work from anywhere with an internet connection
- Being a Career Specialist is part-time, and very flexible. You decide how many students you can work with and respond to them anytime within a 24-48 hour window. This means you can fit career coaching into your schedule, rather than fit your schedule around career coaching.
Outcomes for this year
Coach a continuously changing group of students towards their career success:
- Evaluate student assignments in the Job Prep course, ensuring they are prepared to conduct an effective job search post-completion
- Provide ongoing support for our career changers along with actionable advice on their job search strategy and activities
- Identify employer partner leads who share an interest in hiring bootcamp graduates
- Help the team minimize Job Guarantee Requests by making sure each of your students finds a job within a maximum of 6 months after graduation
- Experience with career coaching and/or recruitment, either in-house or as part of a recruiting agency
- Excellent understanding of the job market and hiring requirements for technical talents
- Proven experience in coaching and mentoring, ideally in resume / cover letter / online presence optimization
- Proven ability to build a network of contacts, ideally of hiring partners and/or recruiters
- Excellent writer and communicator in English, preferably a native speaker
- Familiarity with working in startups and in the education sector, as well as an understanding of the job market for UX/UI Design and Web Development roles
- Familiarity with the unique challenges of the online education environment
- Proficiency in German