Career Services Coordinator
- TELECOMMUTE · United States · CSD Neighborhood
The Career Services Coordinator position is part of CSD’s Virtualization Program, allowing team members to work from any location that meets their needs. We believe that leaders belong in every community, and are proud to support our diverse and global workforce. Learn more at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXUrmixePKE
The Career Services Coordinator supports the development, administration, and delivery of high-quality employment-related services designed to support and guide clients to find and secure gainful employment. The Career Services Coordinator collaborates with members of the CSD Works team to ensure proper, efficient and effective career resource programs that aim to connect motivated businesses to an untapped nationwide talent pool of deaf, deaf-blind and hard of hearing individuals.
- Plans, prepares, and implements instructional activities related to job search and employability skills that engage students in meaningful and active learning experiences
- Identifies opportunities to expand the CSD Works portfolio of products and services that address barriers to employment
- Organizes and facilitates an online weekly job club focused on helping clients find and maintain successful long-term employment
- Provides career coaching services in American Sign Language (ASL) focused on job placement outcomes with assigned clients. Develops and follows a comprehensive Individual Work Plan (IWP) that outlines the services and resources that each client will receive based upon gathered intake and assessment information
- Presents clear and accurate information to clients on how increased employment earnings can impact Social Security Benefits
- Assists clients with pre-employment activities, such as resume development/review, interview practice, and identifying suitable job leads that match their skills and career interests. Clearly documents all client activities in the case file management system in a timely manner
- On-boards and cultivates employer relationships that employ deaf and hard of hearing individuals
- Develop articles / vlogs on relevant employment-related topics for the CSD Works Career Center website
- Consults with clients requesting pre-employment and on-the-job support to ensure continued workplace success
- Bachelor’s degree in Vocational Rehabilitation, Social Work, or related degree from an accredited college or university; or equivalent professional work experience
- One year of professional experience utilizing video-based conferencing platforms
- Two years of professional experience developing and delivering training programs to adult-learners, preferably in a virtual environment
- Two years of professional experience providing career counseling/coaching services, including resume development, interview preparation, networking/job search strategies, and job placement services
- Current SSA suitability clearance or ability to obtain within 30 calendar days of hire
- Fluent Signed Communication Skills
- Four years of professional experience providing job placement services for deaf consumers (Preferred)
- Graduate coursework in Vocational Rehabilitation, Social Work, or related field from an accredited college or university (Preferred)
- Certified Resume Writer (Preferred)
CSD offers a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. For a full list of benefits and perks, please visit the career page.
Communication Service for the Deaf, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer and drug free and tobacco free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.