Career Coach (Part-Time/Contract/Remote)
- PROGRAM OPERATIONS – CAREER SERVICES
- PART-TIME (CONTRACT)
At Springboard, we’re on a mission to bridge the world’s skills gap, offering transformative online education experiences in high-demand fields like data science, UX design, and machine learning. Our courses may be tech-enabled, but we’re human-centric: each student taps into a community of fellow students; industry-expert mentors and career coaches; and dedicated student advisors.
Career Services plays a key role in executing on our mission: our personalized approach has given thousands of people access to more relevant roles in the new economy.
As a Career Coach, you will work 1:1 with Springboard students on all aspects of their job search and career goals, to produce great career outcomes for all Career Track graduates. Working closely with a dynamic and empathetic Career Services team, you’ll play a significant role in each student’s journey as you support them in revamping their careers and, by extension, their lives. You’ll feel the rewards instantly as students implement your advice and grow their ability to find the perfect career opportunity for them.
You must be available to work in the US Pacific time zone during business hours (9 am – 6 pm),and devote 20 hours per week to the role.
- Provide 1:1 career coaching conversations regarding job search in technical fields with students in a high-volume, online, coaching environment
- Respond promptly and supportively to student career concerns and questions via email
- Stay up to date on current trends in technical hiring and job search tactics that work
- Track outcomes of coaching calls via our student CRM, providing detailed notes and information that evaluate risk factors, track success, and predict future performance
- Escalate students of concern to the Head of Career Services for additional coaching or intervention plans
- Collaborate with the Career Services team to recommend students for job openings and share information about employability
- 1+ years’ experience in recruiting, coaching, or advising in a 1:1 capacity, specifically supporting individuals’ job search and career goals for technical roles.
- Knowledge of the hiring process and how to conduct an effective job search in tech.
- A track record of producing measurable results, meeting deadlines, and balancing multiple priorities and constituencies; you are proactive, agile, and flexible.
- A genuine interest in student and career development, with experience working with candidates/students as well as hiring partners preferred.
- Outstanding customer service mentality and strong attention to detail (in recording student progress and following up on questions).
- Strong communication skills, especially in listening, coaching, and advising, and the ability to build rapport and credibility with students and your colleagues across the company.