Job Title Care Authorization Specialist–Nationwide Telecommuting Positions!
Job ID 20221
Location Virtual Telecommuting
Favorite Job Regular/Temporary
Care Authorization Specialist at TriWest Healthcare Alliance
Taking Care of Our Nation’s Veterans.
It’s Who We Are. It’s What We Do.
Do you have a passion for serving those who served?
Join the TriWest Healthcare Alliance Team! We’re On a Mission to Serve!
Our job is to make sure that America’s heroes get connected to health care in the community.
At TriWest Healthcare Alliance, we’ve proudly been on that important mission since 1996.
Are you our next Care Authorization Specialist?
Do you find satisfaction in working in a self-driven and dynamic environment? Do you thrive on challenge and take your responsibilities seriously? Do you excel working on things that require a focus on details and accuracy while maintaining a fast pace? Are you proficient and enjoy working on a computer? Are you looking for a job that is meaningful and rewarding?
Whether you prefer to work in an operation center with your colleagues or from the comfort of your own home office, we may have a position for you!
Our Care Authorization Specialists are:
- Thorough. You have a desire to get things done on time and with accuracy.
- Determined. You enjoy working on your own while being a part of a supportive team.
- Diligent. You work well within a clear set of expectations and guidelines but can overcome obstacles as needed.
- Complex thinkers. You can easily manage large amounts of complex information and easily communicate it to others, all the while staying organized and on task.
TriWest Care Authorization Specialists:
- Review and process Veteran care referral requests and health care authorizations from the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Medical Centers and community health care professionals.
- Review and process medical documentation from community providers following Veteran care and treatment. Transmit this information to the referring VA Medical Center to complete the Veterans medical record and ensure ongoing care coordination.
- Work with VA Care in the community staff and community medical offices to address and resolve any incomplete information required for Veteran treatment and care.
- Protect the health care privacy of patients by strictly following HIPAA regulations.
- Follow processes of the VA program and perform all tasks in a courteous and professional manner.
- Understand and work with standard coding systems including: standard medical taxonomy, International Classification for Diseases, Current Procedural Terminology, and Health Care Common Procedure Coding System.
- Work in a variety of systems to perform required tasks.
- Manage prioritized tasks in a time-sensitive environment.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by leadership.
Are you qualified?
- Are you a Veteran, family member of a Veteran, a friend of a Veteran, or passionate about helping Veterans?
- Do you have a high school diploma or G.E.D.?
- How about at least one full year of experience working with customers?
- Have you ever worked in a healthcare environment (very helpful)?
- Are you experienced with data-entry related to reasonably complex information such as medical records?
- Are you proficient with a computer including Microsoft Office, the Internet, and other systems?
- Do you have familiarity or work experience with medical terms (including the interpretation and use of ICD and CPT codes)? If not, we can teach you!
- Have you had any college-level course work in the healthcare or equivalent field (a big plus!)?
More About Working at TriWest Healthcare Alliance
We’re more than just a health care company. We’re passionate about serving others! We believe in rewarding loyal, hard-working people who are willing to learn as they grow. TriWest Healthcare Alliance values teamwork. Team members work from home or in one of our state-of-the-art facilities. Join our team, fulfill your responsibilities, and you may also be considered for frequent pay raises, overtime opportunities to earn even more, recognition and reward programs, and much more. Of course, we also offer a comprehensive and progressive compensation and benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Generous paid time off
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan (with matching)
- Short-term and long-term disability, basic life, and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer
TriWest Healthcare Alliance is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment, without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Are you ready to make a difference in the lives of our nation’s heroes?