Card Story Editor
Input is seeking a creative, visually-minded editor to work part time with one of its most distinct editorial tools: the card story. Our card stories are a unique, engaging, and highly visual way to tell a story, and the card story editor will work alone and with other section editors to experiment with the medium, whether through distinct angles that add context to the day’s biggest stories, standalone stories that have a unifying theme, or through narratives that are engaging, surprising, and a little weird.
This editor should be comfortable leveraging data, visuals, video, text, and audio to tell three to four stories a week in a creative and thoughtful way. We’ve built some pretty awesome tools to make experimentation easy, and we’re looking for someone who will push those tools into uncharted territory.
- An editor who is attentive to and engaged with the daily news cycles related to technology, design, gaming, and internet culture.
- A sharp and concise writer and editor with at least two years of digital publishing experience, who is also very visually and/or design minded.
- Have some experience working with visual storytelling or Snap stories at other publications.
- Somewhat experienced with audio/video editing.
- A team player willing to collaborate with section editors to craft stories that will fit seamlessly into Input coverage and areas of interest.
This is a part-time position.