Cape Verde Audio Medical Interpreter at Stratus Video
Title: Cape Verde Audio Medical Interpreter
The freelance Over-the-Phone Interpreter will facilitate communication for limited English proficient (LEP) community members and practitioners that serve them in a variety of settings to include medical, educational, financial, insurance, etc. The large majority of calls will be medical in nature. This is a flexible work from home contract and an opportunity to expand your interpreting business.
STRATUS VIDEO is a technology-driven company that is changing the way patients and medical professionals connect across all areas of health care. At Stratus, our opportunity to strengthen the connection between technology and human interaction is what inspires us. Stratus built its foundation in the language services industry by innovating various remote interpretation services that include onsite, video and audio interpreters. Led by a team of dedicated individuals with decades of experience in the health care and technology markets, Stratus Video is committed to enabling visual communications and vital conversations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide effective audio, remote interpreting service for customers.
- Exhibit professional behavior at all times including punctuality, respect, and preparedness for shifts
- Participate in ongoing quality assurance and call monitoring programs
- Adhere to interpreter ethical standards and procedural requirements specific to interpreting context (i.e. hospital, courts, schools, etc.)
- Successful completion of a language assessment focusing on Interpreter protocols and knowledge of medical terminology
- Fluent and possess strong verbal communication skills in both the source and target language (i.e., Cape Verde-to-English or vice-a-versa)
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of audio medical interpreting experience
- Credentialed in medical interpreting (i.e.: Bridging the Gap, MiTio, Cross-Cultural training, 40 hour accredited medical courses) – preferred but not required
- Proven medical training with certification, certificate or license is preferred but not required
- Must have a strong aptitude in customer service and medical interpreting.
- Respect for and understanding of our Limited English Proficient (LEP) clients, culture, dialect and beliefs and preferences as it relates to legal procedures.
- Extensive knowledge of code of ethics and standards of practice (IMIA, NBCMI and NCIHC)
- Familiarity with the medical profession and its privacy laws (HIPAA) as well as other state and federals laws applied to medical interpreting.
ADVANCED MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY REQUIRED
Advanced medical terminology knowledge include, but not limited to:
Cardiac, Cardiovascular, Respiratory, Oncology, Gastro, Neurovascular, Neuromuscular, Immune Disease, Hypertension, Wound Care, Pediatrics, Births, Medical Conditions, Procedures, General Surgery Terms, Treatment Plans, Medications/Instructions, Medical Equipment, Rehabilitation, Anatomy, Pain Assessment, Symptoms, Discharge Assessment/Plans and etc
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!