Cancer Registry Technician
Hours Per Week
Onsite Work Schedule Details
M-F, regular daytime hours, fully remote
The Registry Technician performs administrative and clerical support to the Cancer Registry functions as directed by the Cancer Registry Manager, Team Lead or Regional Operations Manager.
- Assist with screening and case ascertainment/case-finding processes.
- Initiate and/or maintain follow-up and/or outcome information for all cancer cases in registry in accordance with the Hospital and Commission on Cancer (CoC) requirements.
- Assist in maintaining data quality assurance.
- Retrieve and prepare records for Cancer Committee, Tumor Boards or quality reviews.
- Prepare productivity reports as requested by Team Leader/Cancer Registry Manager.
- Assist with all other Cancer Program and Registry activities as needed such as data collection, cancer conferences, follow-up, treatment letters, staging forms, reports, presentations, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- Supports nThrive’s Compliance Program by adhering to policies and procedures pertaining to HIPAA, FDCPA, FCRA, and other laws applicable to nThrive’s business practices. This includes: becoming familiar with nThrive’s Code of Ethics, attending training as required, notifying management or nThrive’s Helpline when there is a compliance concern or incident, HIPAA-compliant handling of patient information, and demonstrable awareness of confidentiality obligations.
- HIgh School Diploma or GED
- Courses in medical terminology, anatomy and physiology
- Experience with Microsoft Office preferred Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to work independently.
- Excellent office skills with knowledge and use of computers and software applications.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Medical records experience
- Experience in the oncology field a plus.
Be Inspired. Ignite Change. Transform Health Care.
From Patient-to-PaymentSM, nThrive provides all the technology, advisory expertise, services, analytics and education programs health care organizations need to thrive in the communities they serve. Our colleagues share a united passion to help health care organizations strengthen their financial position, which translates to accessible, quality care for all. This passion fuels our drive to innovate and participate in community outreach through the nThrive CARES program. Our colleagues are encouraged to think differently and empowered to make a lasting impact that ensures our health care providers, and our world, are healthy and productive.